DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 controller issues

dmanisgnarly

Reactions
Picked up a Mini 2 fly more combo straight from DJI's website, delivery was lightning fast. Unboxed everything and quickly noticed the back of my controller was stamped with "Display Demo". Also only came with 1 battery in the drone. Charged everything up and tried pairing the remote with my S20 Ultra..no bueno. Manually put the remote and drone in pairing mode and they connected easily. Updated controller to most recent firmware via DJIs consumer assistant. I tried connecting to my spare Note 8 and even swapped USB-C cables.. still nothing. The gimbal control operates the camera but the drone will not take off with the bare controller. Attached is a picture of the back of my controller.

Unfortunately DJI support is closed until monday at 8am. After owning the P3, P4, MP, and MP2 this really bites. I was looking forward to all the hype.

Attachments

• 20201107_231139.jpg
    20201107_231139.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
Bummer. For whatever reason DJI has always biased its drones to iPhones. In general I am not a fan of Apple products, but I've heard to many stories about DJI random incompatibility with Android devices. I hope you get your problem solved quickly. Please keep us posted of the resolution. Good luck.

Picked up a Mini 2 fly more combo straight from DJI's website, delivery was lightning fast. Unboxed everything and quickly noticed the back of my controller was stamped with "Display Demo". Also only came with 1 battery in the drone. Charged everything up and tried pairing the remote with my S20 Ultra..no bueno. Manually put the remote and drone in pairing mode and they connected easily. Updated controller to most recent firmware via DJIs consumer assistant. I tried connecting to my spare Note 8 and even swapped USB-C cables.. still nothing. The gimbal control operates the camera but the drone will not take off with the bare controller. Attached is a picture of the back of my controller.

Unfortunately DJI support is closed until monday at 8am. After owning the P3, P4, MP, and MP2 this really bites. I was looking forward to all the hype.

I would think your problem is most likely with the Controller being a display demo and not the phone or there would be more threads, .
This is why I never get anything from DJI because the return is not as quick as a trip to Best Buy for instance.

It would make sense if the it was a Demo Controller that they made it so it could not fly in the store.
Just giving you my drive by.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on Water.

Reactions: bonzo
You probably can't take off because you haven't been able to activate it, as activation is done through the Fly app while connected to the RC and AC.

Be sure you have Fly version 1.2.0 installed. That's the version that added compatibility with MM2.

Reactions: hiflyer201
You probably can't take off because you haven't been able to activate it, as activation is done through the Fly app while connected to the RC and AC.

Be sure you have Fly version 1.2.0 installed. That's the version that added compatibility with MM
Newest version of app on both phones.. Posting on DJI's official forums now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580