DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 controller problems - Return to store or DJI ?

Mtntrogger

Reactions
Ive noticed some problems with my mini 2 that are controller related. Basically were the cable plugs into the top of the controller that connects to the flight control device (phone/tablet) is not tight. Symptoms have been at times the camera/gimball will sort of freak out and act erratic while not allowing control of the gimbal, and also I have had complete disconnects (not signal loss, but fully disconnected) the last of which occurred while the bird was about 2 miles out and had crossed a state line over impassable terrain. I was very lucky I stayed calm and managed to get it connected and back home before the battery died. I have tried several devices, tablet, iphone, android phone, and it randomly happens with all of them. Not every flight but enough that I am frustrated. I bought the bird at costco and believe I am within 90 days, so do I return it or file a claim with DJI ? It should still be under some type of warranty and I do have DJI Refresh but I thought that was for the bird itself. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated

I doubt a store could or would replace just the controller so unless you seek the replacement of the drone and controller then DJI would seem to be the only option but first a question. Are you certain the controller plug is fully home? It seems to sit slightly below the closest outer grey edge of the controller shell.

Reactions: Mtntrogger
What is the specific Costco return policy for drones?

Costco in general has a wonderful return policy. If it's defective I would be relatively certain that they would replace it on the spot. Worth a try for sure. Obviously you will have to return the whole kit, packaging included. Let us know how it works out.

if its less than 90 days, Costco will easily exchange it. Not sure how much leeway if any you might get if its over 90 days and its handy to have the receipt, though they maybe able to look it up..

if its less than 90 days, Costco will easily exchange it. Not sure how much leeway if any you might get if its over 90 days and its handy to have the receipt, though they maybe able to look it up..
I returned an Apple watch to Costco several days beyond the 90 day limit (it would no longer charge). I was careful to place in the box as it was when opened. They opened the box to see it was there and didn't hesitate to give me full credit.

If you're are a few days past 90 it's worth a shot.

Good luck...

Reactions: Mtntrogger
I returned an Apple watch to Costco several days beyond the 90 day limit (it would no longer charge). I was careful to place in the box as it was when opened. They opened the box to see it was there and didn't hesitate to give me full credit.

If you're are a few days past 90 it's worth a shot.

Good luck...
I have to check the receipt but I know Im right around 90 days. Thanks for the advice

I doubt a store could or would replace just the controller so unless you seek the replacement of the drone and controller then DJI would seem to be the only option but first a question. Are you certain the controller plug is fully home? It seems to sit slightly below the closest outer grey edge of the controller shell.
Thats what the problem is. The cable wont stay fully seated in that connector. I have to actually hold it down with my finger to keep it connected. Sometimes it stays connected without me having to do this but thats a huge inconvenience to deal with on a drone that doesnt have that many flights and is only about 3 months out of the box, most of which were spent on the shelf because I live in the mountains and it snows all the time. We had snow last week up here, but dont even get me started on the winds. Good god ! Talkiing about 60 mph gusts everyday for weeks on end. Im ready to start flying inside !

My biggest concern regarding returning it is that my dji refresh care wont transfer over to the new one and Ive already paid for that. Not a huge deal though, just hate throwing money away

I seem to remember a thread that said if the drone is exchanged by a seller, due to a fault, then the care refresh can be transferred. I am also pretty certain I have seen DJI say the if the drone is exchanged by them then the care refresh is or can be transferred. But realistically you need to check that and perhaps confirm it in writing/email with DJI first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne