DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 drifts and crashes after hitting the pause button

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions
To put it simple, I was testing the pause button fucntion because I found out it also counts as a emergency stop button.

But the drone did abit more then slam the brakes. It actually drifted right and crashed into the door and almost cut me
Thank goodness it's not damaged (one sec I'm trying to get logs)

• Sad
Reactions: LoudThunder
Logs

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-09-27_[15-16-51].txt
    695.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Wow
Looks like you had some input from your right stick at the very end!
When the pause button is pressed the drone doesn't respond to right stick input for a few seconds. There was nothing I can do

I was testing the pause button fucntion because I found out it also counts as a emergency stop button.

But the drone did abit more then slam the brakes. It actually drifted right and crashed into the door and almost cut me
You know, if you just let go of the sticks and did nothing, the drone would have stopped a lot quicker. When all control inputs are ceased, the drone goes into a full power stop.

When you fiddle with the sticks and hopefully stop movining the control sticks (even ever so lightly…) and then you press, if you actually pressed the "paused" the button, while your eyes are on your drone, the drone has to process all that mess of inputs before it actually performs a function like stop…

It's not entirely clear what you were doing to require an emergency stop. Where you racing your drone at the house to see if you could stop it before it crashed into the house? You wrote the drone slammed on the brakes then drifted into a door. How fast were you going so close to a structure? Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

To truly analyze the event, it would help if you were more specific.

You know, if you just let go of the sticks and did nothing, the drone would have stopped a lot quicker. When all control inputs are ceased, the drone goes into a full power stop.

When you fiddle with the sticks and hopefully stop movining the control sticks (even ever so lightly…) and then you press, if you actually pressed the "paused" the button, while your eyes are on your drone, the drone has to process all that mess of inputs before it actually performs a function like stop…

It's not entirely clear what you were doing to require an emergency stop. Where you racing your drone at the house to see if you could stop it before it crashed into the house? You wrote the drone slammed on the brakes then drifted into a door. How fast were you going so close to a structure? Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

To truly analyze the event, it would help if you were more specific.
It was moving forward, and when I press button it stopped bus as it was doing so sharply drifted to the right

Think it had to do with imu or compass I don't know but the logs are there

Looks like you had some input from your right stick at the very end!
The input from the right stick I push to the left to counter the right drift

Reactions: Jam0ne
The fact that you were in the doorway means that the wind from the props and the door may have contributed to the Drift. Normally the Pause button is used to stop an automated command. You just used it the wrong time as this little drone is prone to any wind Prop effects it can find.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Well I found out the cause

Has something to do with toilet bowl effect

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU