DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 firmware 01.03 released

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Just had my first flight with the Mini 2 and the SC not to bad.
Can i just say I am not a fan of the awful noise the SC makes when Linking and the Horrible Noise the Mini 2 makes binding with it.

Is there a way to turn the Volume down on that Linking beep ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain.

I did notice that I got a disconnect at closer range using the SC as opposed to the Mini 2 RC. What I think I will do is rebind the Mini 2 RC to the Aircraft and just use the SC as a backup if needed.
So handy to just stick the Mini 2 and associated RC into a pocket. when out and about and not on a dedicated drone trip

Just had my first flight with the Mini 2 and the SC not to bad.
Can i just say I am not a fan of the awful noise the SC makes when Linking and the Horrible Noise the Mini 2 makes binding with it.

Is there a way to turn the Volume down on that Linking beep ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain.

You should only have bind it once

Firmware updated for the intelligent batteries needs to be done with the battery installed and the aircraft powered on but no motors running. The battery updates are quick.
What's so special about the battery update?

I'm generally weary about any software updates, be it phone or laptops or windows or whatever. Many times updates break things and often I prefer to not update.

Reactions: RC_Adik
I did notice that I got a disconnect at closer range using the SC as opposed to the Mini 2 RC. What I think I will do is rebind the Mini 2 RC to the Aircraft and just use the SC as a backup if needed.
So handy to just stick the Mini 2 and associated RC into a pocket. when out and about and not on a dedicated drone trip
I don't have the SC, but today after doing the FW update I noticed that I am getting a lot of short disconnects with the standard controller. I was specifically operating at really close range (<10ft), which I haven't done a lot so I don't know if that is part of the reason or if it is the new FW, or ???.

Has anybody else had more disconnects with the new FW and the standard controller?

Dylan

Well, there we go. Will be ordering a Smart Controller then.
I was waiting for Mini 2 support to be added so I can use one controller to fly both of my drones.

Interesting. What are the benefits of the smart controller - I suppose convenience, brighter/easier to see screen, and if your phone battery is low this is no longer an issue as you have a dedicated controller? Also - I imagine you need to connect the smart controller to your phone via WiFi - otherwise the smart controller isn’t connected to the internet (so no maps)? Does the controller have its own GPS? Cheers. Also I suppose one downside is you can’t run litchi or dronelink if using the smart controller.

Last edited:
New firmware has been released for the Mini 2. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added support for DJI Smart Controller (requires DJI Smart Controller v01.01.00.58 or later).

• Optimized gimbal FPV mode to improve flying experience.

• Optimized auto-discharge process for battery. Refer to DJI Mini 2 User Manual for more information.

• Improved flight stability and greatly reduced quantity of compass calibration prompts.
The official release notes document is available on the Mini 2 downloads page.

It is supposed to fix it. I've charged my batteries and I'm watching them to see if they start discharging.
Me too. I did the update but not been asked about updating the batteries afterwards.
I charged all three again and left them in the hub. They are still 100%

They have usually discharged to three LEDs by now. I'm guessing nothing has happened to the battery firmware this time round.

Me too. I did the update but not been asked about updating the batteries afterwards.

They have usually discharged to three LEDs by now. I'm guessing nothing has happened to the battery firmware this time round
In my case, I did not get a battery specific notification during the main firmware update (probably it was embedded) but after that every time I turned everything off and on with another battery, got a notification and a battery update.

Reactions: Grazuncle

They have usually discharged to three LEDs by now. I'm guessing nothing has happened to the battery firmware this time round.
All 3 of my batteries had dropped to 90% after being left in the charger for 2 days after the last charge (as reported in the DJI Fly app when I flew today). It has been said before that the act of pressing the button on the charger to check the battery charge level is enough to reset the elapsed time to discharge back to the beginning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard