DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 first impressions

OldGuy

Reactions
My Mini 2 arrived yesterday. Struggled in the beginning to get it activated due to cable problems. Why do DJI just supply those silly little 15cm cables which apparently are only good for iPhones. What about the rest of us who use tablets. I wouldn’t mind paying a little extra for a good (DJI quality) 30 cm cable.
Anyway eventually got it activated (updated the Fly App first) and then updated the firmware on the drone itself. Took it out into my garden for it’s first lift off and photo shoot. Immediately I was surprised at the change in noise/pitch from the new props. Much easier on the ear and on my neighbours and any other onlookers (friend of foe). The next thing I noticed was the response to the stick inputs. Much smoother that the MM. Took a few photos and shot a few short videos. All turned out good but by then it was getting dark so packed it in for the day. Today it’s raining so no chance to fly again. Also waiting for Amazon to deliver a couple of 30 cm cables. I flew yesterday with the supplied 15 cm cable and my Tripltek tablet all skew-whiff as the cable was not long enough!!

At least you got a test flight in before rain stopped play
The weather is back to normal tomorrow so I should get some proper flying in at my favorite spot. The new cables are also promised for tomorrow.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Is the mini noisy? I am now deaf so can't tell.
To me and my friend we both agreed that the noise was less intense than that of the MM. It was more of a hum than a high pitched whine. For me this is important as I have already been shouted at by a neighbour while flying close to his boundary. The quieter the drone the better for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan