DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2. Flight altitude restricted. Log in or go to real-name authentication.

Hello guys, I have Mini 2, all batteries are up to date. Currently using iPhone 12 pro and the Airplane mode did the trick. I had same problem from New year. It happened to me first time on December 31st.
Can you let us know how exactly you use the airplane mode trick?
Do you keep airplane mode on or just turn it on and off again?
Thank you!

Update: just had contact with DJI support, and they told me to try and "Reset network settings" on the iPhone. Unfortunately it's raining here at the moment, so I'll give it a try later. Anyone else that tried that already?

Update: just had contact with DJI support, and they told me to try and "Reset network settings" on the iPhone. Unfortunately it's raining here at the moment, so I'll give it a try later. Anyone else that tried that already?
I will try it tomorrow, i’m super curious what the network settings have to do with the account login error. And why with the same account/phone/drone one battery will work while others will not.

I will try it tomorrow, i’m super curious what the network settings have to do with the account login error. And why with the same account/phone/drone one battery will work while others will not.
it doesn't make any sense to me either, but "sometimes" it works with airplane mode active on the phone - so it might as well be that the network has something to do with it (beats me why though)

The followings are what I have heard so far on how to solve the problem :

1) logout then login DJI account. Try doing so with computer and the app.
2) kill the app and re-launch it.
3) power reset everythings including the phone.
4) disconnect and re-connect the phone from the controller.

The followings are what I have heard so far on how to solve the problem :

1) logout then login DJI account. Try doing so with computer and the app.
2) kill the app and re-launch it.
3) power reset everythings including the phone.
4) disconnect and re-connect the phone from the controller.
didn't work for me - did all multiple times already

I took it for a first flight this morning, after resetting network settings on my iPhone (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Configuration) and it didn't have the 30/50m restriction - so far so good!

(will have to fly a few times to make sure the issue is permanently gone, because it usually comes and goes)

Can you let us know how exactly you use the airplane mode trick?
Do you keep airplane mode on or just turn it on and off again?
Thank you!
I kept airplane mode enabled all the fly time. It looks like with airplane mode enabled the app can’t check your location, so the restriction does not appear. When I turn it off to normal mode, the restriction is back.
In my opinion this also supports theory of network settings reset. But I need to try it.

I am using an iPhone Xs mainly. But I also created an new account and use my iPhone 12 Pro Max to see if its a phone issue, but the problem persisted.
I tried turning the cellular data off, but have not tried airplane mode yet. I assumed it will complain that it does not know where it is regarding to airport restrictions and such.
Will try tomorrow and see if I get a better result.
I also have a Huaway phone with me, could it be a iOS problem?
I tried flying with an iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPad mini2. Same problem. Also tried to fly with airplane mode enabled. It took off, but. didn’t fly any further than 30m high and 50m far.

I tried flying with an iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPad mini2. Same problem. Also tried to fly with airplane mode enabled. It took off, but. didn’t fly any further than 30m high and 50m far.
I had issues with airplane mode as well. Here is what i did to fix it:
Kill the DJI app completely, turn airplane mode on. Then go trough the normal setup: start the drone, power on the remote etc.
if you turn on airplane mode after the app is running it will not work.
hope that helps.

I had issues with airplane mode as well. Here is what i did to fix it:
Kill the DJI app completely, turn airplane mode on. Then go trough the normal setup: start the drone, power on the remote etc.
if you turn on airplane mode after the app is running it will not work.
hope that helps.
Of course, app needs to be closed before entering airplane mode. The whole thing is to bypass the app location issue. You also can not be connected to wifi when using airplane mode, otherwise it will approximate location using network.

I currently can’t check this suggestion. But there is another way to do this without airplane mode. In your iOS device go to Settings, scroll down and tap to DJI Fly. In next view go to Location setting and change it to “Never”. Exit settings. Restart the dji app. Now it may work without airplane mode enabled.

I took it for a first flight this morning, after resetting network settings on my iPhone (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Configuration) and it didn't have the 30/50m restriction - so far so good!

(will have to fly a few times to make sure the issue is permanently gone, because it usually comes and goes)
issue is not gone unfortunately.... but when it occurs, placing the iPhone in airplane mode gets rid of the issue....

Hi guys,

Yesterday i did a flight with the Mini 2 and i also had problems with the max altitude of 30m.
I'm using an iphone 11 pro. I uninstalled/reinstalled the dji fly app, still the same problem.
I closed the fly app, put my phone in airplane mode, restarted the app and i could go up to 120m

Have a dji mini. IPhone 11 upgrade from older version to the newer versions.

Have te same problem with me device.
Strange is, when you are connected to a WiFi network then no limitation in distance. When you disable WiFi or WiFi is not available then you have the limitation.
Can someone test this?

Have a dji mini. IPhone 11 upgrade from older version to the newer versions.

Have te same problem with me device.
Strange is, when you are connected to a WiFi network then no limitation in distance. When you disable WiFi or WiFi is not available then you have the limitation.
Can someone test this?

Hi guys,

Yesterday i did a flight with the Mini 2 and i also had problems with the max altitude of 30m.
I'm using an iphone 11 pro. I uninstalled/reinstalled the dji fly app, still the same problem.
I closed the fly app, put my phone in airplane mode, restarted the app and i could go up to 120m
Thx you for the tip. Works for me.

Reactions: BartM
I've had this problem for a while too. If it doesn't work with logging out and in, I turn on the airplane mode. That works. Network not yet reset. Also encountered with an Iphone 11, and Ipad. With a samsung S8 also the same problem.

Reactions: BartM and Ridro
Did this two times to me on iOS, both times I plugged the remote into the iPhone BEFORE turning the remote on, don’t do that, try turning the remote on then plug in your device! Worked for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett