DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Fly in the Rain Testimonial and Review :

Sorry but do you think associating yourself with this flight is a good ploy?
From what I can see it was flown
a) entirely using the screen
b) the pilot never once looking at the sky and probably largely isolated from sound.
c) the drone never in sight.

Yes the pilot shows appreciable control but............

Last edited by a moderator:
Look what I found in youtube land , needless to say it was a nice surprise. the video is very cool, with a really good pilot

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.
Look what I found in youtube land , needless to say it was a nice surprise. the video is very cool, with a really good pilot

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.
Hi! Sure looks like an excellent drone and drone pilot sitting in his car.. But... is it really possible to maintain video AND telemetry connection with the drone that far and with obstacles, without, aiming and adjusting (what we can see) the RC antenna towards the drone... Is ocusync really the good? Really hope the video isn't fake...

Hi! Sure looks like an excellent drone and drone pilot sitting in his car.. But... is it really possible to maintain video AND telemetry connection with the drone that far and with obstacles, without, aiming and adjusting (what we can see) the RC antenna towards the drone... Is ocusync really the good? Really hope the video isn't fake...
We can assure you that the video is not fake, the are hundreds out there like it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMS001
The weight does fluctuate some but always under 250 2022-02-20_12h08_46.png if you adding a light to the Mini 2 than you can get away with the just the Wet Suit parts and not the Cosmetic parts which will help it stay under 250 g.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Sat in a metal box with the window fully up, antennas not even pointing in any particular direction, drone flying round obstacles and between trees and in the rain.
How in the heck does it not lose signal once?

Sat in a metal box with the window fully up, antennas not even pointing in any particular direction, drone flying round obstacles and between trees and in the rain.
How in the heck does it not lose signal once?
The mini 2 Occu Sync 3 is a good strong signal.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something here but, the Mini 2 has nose vents wouldn't rain get in there and hit the internals?
Just asking.
No , those small vents have no way of pulling in the rain. The Wet Suits focus on what is needed to fly in the Rain every day. The open Ports and the Landing sensor an the power Button and battery are the Weak links, this is where the Mini 2 Wet Suits shine.

Notice the Props are open as they are the same motors used in the RC Subs so the only reason why we have Prop Covers with the Wet Suit is to keep out the Sand, Salt and Stones that have been posted on the forum to Block the motors .

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Screenshot 11-25-2020 15.25.50.jpg

Sorry but do you think associating yourself with this flight is a good ploy?
From what I can see it was flown
a) entirely using the screen
b) the pilot never once looking at the sky and probably largely isolated from sound.
c) the drone never in sight.

Yes the pilot shows appreciable control but............
I fly with goggles on, in the rain, from my truck or in the comfort of my garage. Works great, you should try it!

Yes, the Mini 2 Wet Suits come with All 3 Color Designs for the Forum Members >
You can place them On top of each other as long you keep a base Color On the Wet Suit.

You can than Reuse the Same Top part over again .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Yes, the Mini 2 Wet Suits come with All 3 Color Designs for the Forum Members >
You can place them On top of each other as long you keep a base Color On the Wet Suit.

You can than Reuse the Same Top part over again .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Perfect for the UK where rain is more common than sun. Will be looking at getting one for my M2

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
When it comes to landing on the snow or on the water , these are nice to have.
Here is another size comparison.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain < land on the Snow or Water.2023-01-02_19h00_09.png

Hello,

The wet suit looks pretty useful but what about the motors - they are still exposed to rain..?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31