DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 (minor?) crash at second flight ...

Kaherdin

Reactions
Hey folks !

I am a beginner in drone piloting, the mini 2 is my first drone.

Yesterday I took advantage of a beautiful day to finally do a test outside of my garden of my mini 2 and but it turned bad.

When I wanted to land I did not pay attention that the drone was in sport mode (can the contact in the carrying case change mode of this button? I am sure I never moved it away from "normal" ).
In short : I wanted to land well centered on my pad and a little sudden movement on my part (on the wrong direction cause the drone was facing me), landing zone not really clear, props have hit a wall, stopped and drone fall from 1 meter on tar.

-I have the right rear arm slightly damaged, the outline of the circle under the engine, but it is only cosmetic I think.
-The propellers are not broken (surprisingly).
-I tested to make it fly again everything looks okay but I have the horizon of the camera slightly askew.
-I did a camera and IMU recalibration in doubt and I did not have time to relaunch the drone to see if the horizon is straight. The IMU did not reveal any errors.

Do you think there is more damage to my drone? Maybe some in-depth audit trails to check?
Btw i'm quite anxious that I (mod removed language) up some hardware considering the drone was perfect just before..

Thank you for your advice ! :)

Attachments

• DJI_0046.JPG
    DJI_0046.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks !

I am a beginner in drone piloting, the mini 2 is my first drone.

Yesterday I took advantage of a beautiful day to finally do a test outside of my garden of my mini 2 and but it turned bad.

When I wanted to land I did not pay attention that the drone was in sport mode (can the contact in the carrying case change mode of this button? I am sure I never moved it away from "normal" ).
In short : I wanted to land well centered on my pad and a little sudden movement on my part (on the wrong direction cause the drone was facing me), landing zone not really clear, props have hit a wall, stopped and drone fall from 1 meter on tar.

-I have the right rear arm slightly damaged, the outline of the circle under the engine, but it is only cosmetic I think.
-The propellers are not broken (surprisingly).
-I tested to make it fly again everything looks okay but I have the horizon of the camera slightly askew.
-I did a camera and IMU recalibration in doubt and I did not have time to relaunch the drone to see if the horizon is straight. The IMU did not reveal any errors.

Do you think there is more damage to my drone? Maybe some in-depth audit trails to check?
Btw i'm quite anxious that I (mod removed language) up some hardware considering the drone was perfect just before..

Thank you for your advice ! :)
i hear what you are saying i am a noob as well and was flying in the back yard and getting a little cocky and brushed a twig of a tree and fell from about 4 feet onto the grass and it cracked the front leg well lesson learned thank goodness for dji care have to ship it back for replacement or repair anyways safe flying and be careful it doesn't take much to break them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike