DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 no longer listed on Amazon?

DrizzyDrones

Reactions
Anyone know what is up with that? I have been waiting for the discount as the new mini comes and planned to grab the 2 …Amazon doesn’t have any listings for it

I see a couple of listings on Amazon now, but at higher prices than DJI's own store. As I recall, the Mini 1 wasn't discounted right away when the Mini 2 was released, but it was after the SE was released. Maybe it depends on whether DJI intends to discontinue the 2.

I just took a look and saw them listed with a delivery date of May 9 - May 12.

Probably just a glitch when you looked for them, try again.....especially if you were planning to buy one ;o)

I go to Amazon, search DJI mini 2, lots of non-DJI options, but ad at top goes to DJI Store. Drones have "buy it now" link but the one for Mini 2 is not active. So DJI doesn't have it on Amazon at the moment. US Amazon.

And searching my orders, for my mini 2, it does not have the "buy it again" button.

Reactions: Faster
I go to Amazon, search DJI mini 2, lots of non-DJI options, but ad at top goes to DJI Store. Drones have "buy it now" link but the one for Mini 2 is not active. So DJI doesn't have it on Amazon at the moment. US Amazon.

And searching my orders, for my mini 2, it does not have the "buy it again" button.
I found the same, many options at Amazon USA but none from the official Amazon DJI store.

Very interesting indeed. I checked just now, 0729 PST, and couldn't find any standard Mini-2 Fly More Combos listed.

This can't be a coincidence.

My random guess, and that's all it is, is that the Mini-3 is indeed coming out momentarily. Perhaps Amazon has concluded that, with the price increases for the Mini-3 being out of line with the spec improvements, that many people who have been holding back will choose the Mini-2 instead. If Amazon has made commitments to buy a bunch of Mini-3s, they might not want to jeopardize Mini-3 sales by having the much-cheaper Mini-2 alternative readily available.

I did notice a much greater than usual number of *Mini-1s* available on Amazon this morning.

This is very weird.

Probably a sign that the Mini 3 is coming and they intend for it to take the place of the Mini 2.

I don't understand why they are doing this if that is in fact what is going on. Sales of the MA2 continue to this day after the A2S was released a year ago. The Mini 3 is to the Mini 2 much the say that A2S is to the MA2...camera upgrade, upgrade in sensors, etc.

Best Buy still has it. Maybe DJI is not supplying their Amazon store as well as they used to because of their no-questions-asked 30 day return policy.

Last edited:
Probably a sign that the Mini 3 is coming and they intend for it to take the place of the Mini 2.

I don't understand why they are doing this if that is in fact what is going on. Sales of the MA2 continue to this day after the A2S was released a year ago. The Mini 3 is to the Mini 2 much the say that A2S is to the MA2...camera upgrade, upgrade in sensors, etc.

Best Buy still has it. Maybe DJI is not supplying their Amazon store as well as they used to because of their no-questions-asked 30 day return policy.
I think it's a transient restriction on the availability of Mini-2s to pump up initial sales of the Mini-3. I don't have any evidence for that, but it makes the most sense to me.

If that theory is correct, Mini-2s will be readily available on Amazon USA again 3-6 weeks after the Mini-3 actually drops.

We'll see!

Reactions: maggior
Maybe DJI is not supplying their Amazon store as well as they used to because of their no-questions-asked 30 day return policy.
Why would DJI care? Amazon is the one refunding the purchase price.

I see 3 different Mini 2 drones for sale on Amazon. A "renewed" one for $499, another for $619 and the Fly More package for $699
22-05-05-0718 PST

I don't see any of the standard Fly More Combos on Amazon at the moment.

There are a few mutant bundles, with more stuff or less stuff or different stuff compared to the standard package.

There are, however, a boatload of Mini-1s available, more than I've ever seen, and I do check that market sometimes. New Mini-1 FMCs.

Something is definitely up! I can't believe that they suddenly ran out of the standard Mini-2 FMCs, right before the likely official announcement of the Mini-3.

And when you combined that with the greatly increased number of Mini-1s available...it's an intentional inventory turn-over scheme of some kind.

Nothing nefarious that I can see; just weird. Entertainment, even for those of us that aren't going to buy one immediately!

:)

Reactions: Faster
Why would DJI care? Amazon is the one refunding the purchase price.

That may blow back on DJI somehow. It's a DJI store on Amazon. I know from dealing with other companies on Amazon that they much prefer you to deal with issues directly with them rather than just returning to Amazon.

22-05-07-0947 PST

The Mini-2 FMC is back on the air on Amazon USA.

Weird.

I see the Mini 2 on Amazon for $449, and the Mini 2 Fly More Combo for $599. The later is what I bought there on 4/18. Of course that was after I had to cancel the previous order because, despite it being a next-day order thing, I was put off by Amazon, who wouldn't tell me why I was asked at least 3 times to wait two more days. And yet they were still advertising it as "next day" delivery. I cancelled and then reordered, and it was delivered Next Day. I got a $98 gift on my account out of it. Not my idea.

I see the Mini 2 on Amazon for $449, and the Mini 2 Fly More Combo for $599. The later is what I bought there on 4/18. Of course that was after I had to cancel the previous order because, despite it being a next-day order thing, I was put off by Amazon, who wouldn't tell me why I was asked at least 3 times to wait two more days. And yet they were still advertising it as "next day" delivery. I cancelled and then reordered, and it was delivered Next Day. I got a $98 gift on my account out of it. Not my idea.
There were some weird machinations going on behind this, that I don't yet see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_