DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 2 or MAVIC PRO PLATINUM

Not at all. You're free to say whatever you want about it -- even if you've never owned one. I was only interested in your thoughts since you made an interesting comment and gave no further details.

No worries. I'm not here to approve anything. Please feel free to enjoy this site as you'd like.

The build quality of the Mini 2 is actually really good. It's night and day when compared to the Mavic Mini. And while much lighter than the Mavic Air 2, the build quality is pretty close. The biggest difference I've noticed is the props. I'm really not a fan of the screws and would like to see quick release props (if they still meet the target weight limit of course).

Yes, the Mini 2 is quite lighter. But, for good reason. DJI did not want to exceed 250 grams due to laws that target that weight. Even at that lighter weight, it has the same wind resistance as the Mavic Air 2 -- and much higher wind resistance than a true entry level drone like the Spark or Tello.

A higher price doesn't necessary mean the more expensive drone has far better features and/or features every buyer must have. If you compare the features between the Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2, you'll see they are more identical than different. When compared to something like the Spark though, you'll easily see the Mini 2 outclasses it all day long. And that's rather astonishing since new Sparks are still selling for the same price as the Mini 2. Again, that's just another example showing price isn't always a great indication of value.

Okay. So now I have a question for you.. now that you have me thinking. Do you think I should get the mm2 over the air 2. .? What I mean is the mini 2 really that much better than what I have now? You put the spark and tello in the same class? Even you can’t be serious... you’re kidding right???

Last edited:
What I mean is the mini 2 really that much better than what I have now?
It really depends on the features that are most important to you. Here are all of those drones side by side:

1607485531502.png

You put the spark and tello in the same class?
Not at all. I was simply saying the Mini 2 easily outclasses both of those drones. Featurewise, they are by far the most entry level DJI drones available today.

Do you think I should get the mm2 over the air 2
Again, this comes down to personal preference and needs. If any of these things are true, the Mavic Air 2 is likely a better choice for you:
  • Having semi-permanently attached props is a deal breaker
  • Front and back sensors are a must have (really not useful if you're flying in open areas)
  • The larger camera image size is a must-have (4000 x 3000 vs. 8000 x 6144)
  • The higher camera framerate is a must have (4K @ 30 fps vs. 4K @ 60 fps)
  • You want to attach heavy 3rd party accessories (like a 360 camera)
  • You require specialized 3rd party accessories that are only available for the Mavic Air 2
With that said, I'd still personally choose the Mavic Air 2 over the Mini 2 if I did not have a budget and could only own one. I like having all available features -- even if I don't always use them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato