DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 2 or MAVIC PRO PLATINUM

Erza

Reactions
Guys I need your help to decide which one I should buy, I already have a P4 but I want to exchange it with mavic series
So which one is better and why, is it the new Mini 2 or Mavic Pro platinum ?

So which one is better and why
It depends on your requirements. You can compare the specs here and decide which would be the best fit for you.

Reactions: Erza
I fly my Mini far more than my Mavic Pro, I’m not even sure why...I just enjoy flying it more. I will be getting a MM2 at some point as well.

@Erza as a long time devotee of the MPP for me the best Mavic drone ever ,then you would expect me to say without hesitation go for the MPP
the issue with that for me, and i am being completely honest here, is although the MPP is a great drone, it is getting a bit long in the tooth now , and spare batteries props and other OEM bits are getting harder to find, i have already had over two years of trouble free flying and i hope to continue for a long time yet ,either the Mini 2 or the MA 2 ,or even a M2P would be a better bet if funds are not an issue at the end of the day its really your choice good luck

Guys I need your help to decide which one I should buy, I already have a P4 but I want to exchange it with mavic series
So which one is better and why, is it the new Mini 2 or Mavic Pro platinum ?

The mini 2 is more of a entry level drone. And about a month or two you will be trying to sell it and upgrade. So why not get the mpp "... had mine over two years and it never let me down

Reactions: old man mavic
i have both, the range of mini 2 is more then double of pro platinium, pro platinium as much as i love cant even come close to mini 2

The platinum is the overall better drone l think we can agree to that. Now about double the range. I doubt that... but even if it is. What good is it. ( line of sight ).

In terms of flight characteristics they are about the same. Camera is better on the mini2.
The mini2 however doesn't have some of the "gimmick features" the Pro has that might be of interest to you.

The only things that would make me take the Pro out again are operation with the DJI goggles and... well the fact my pro has all restrictions removed.

Reactions: Lastrexking
A Platinum pal of mine bought a Air 2 after flying mine. I've never flown his Platinum so I wouldn't know why he did what he did.

The mini 2 is more of a entry level drone
Do you own one? I was thinking the same until I purchased it. It wouldn't be my top choice if I could buy any DJI drone, but it's certainly a lot less entry level like than the Mavic Mini.

Do you own one? I was thinking the same until I purchased it. It wouldn't be my top choice if I could buy any DJI drone, but it's certainly a lot less entry level like than the Mavic Mini.

No but I was waiting for the question. My brother in law does.and I have seen what it can and CAN NOT do.first hand...I am saving for the air 2. Still keeping the platinum. That thing is not going anywhere.....

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Just search for comparison videos on you tube... literally [emoji817] of info
Well, I already own the MA2 ;)

I was genuinely curious as to which features make it such less of an entry level drone than the Mini 2 in your eyes.

Reactions: Kilrah
Well, I already own the MA2 [emoji6]

I was genuinely curious as to which features make it such less of an entry level drone than the Mini 2 in your eyes.

You seem to have it in for me Because I called the mm 2 a entry level drone... l stand by my reply with or without your approval...having said that I will again get back to your question...look at the price difference..look at the built quality.look at the weight difference.. I bought the platinum and spark..shortly after the release date ... and they look and fly like I bought them yesterday... I wonder how the mini and mini 2 will be 3 or 4 years from now

You seem to have it in for me Because I called the mm 2 a entry level drone
Not at all. You're free to say whatever you want about it -- even if you've never owned one. I was only interested in your thoughts since you made an interesting comment and gave no further details.

l stand by my reply with or without your approval
No worries. I'm not here to approve anything. Please feel free to enjoy this site as you'd like.

look at the built quality
The build quality of the Mini 2 is actually really good. It's night and day when compared to the Mavic Mini. And while much lighter than the Mavic Air 2, the build quality is pretty close. The biggest difference I've noticed is the props. I'm really not a fan of the screws and would like to see quick release props (if they still meet the target weight limit of course).

look at the weight difference
Yes, the Mini 2 is quite lighter. But, for good reason. DJI did not want to exceed 250 grams due to laws that target that weight. Even at that lighter weight, it has the same wind resistance as the Mavic Air 2 -- and much higher wind resistance than a true entry level drone like the Spark or Tello.

look at the price difference
A higher price doesn't necessary mean the more expensive drone has far better features and/or features every buyer must have. If you compare the features between the Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2, you'll see they are more identical than different. When compared to something like the Spark though, you'll easily see the Mini 2 outclasses it all day long. And that's rather astonishing since new Sparks are still selling for the same price as the Mini 2. Again, that's just another example showing price isn't always a great indication of value.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan