DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 refurb

That sounds like desperation after a bad crash, OR just a desire to find a good deal on a first one.
Answer: Probably.
As many as are being sold and as many there are with DJI Care there should be some refurbs showing up soon.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Only once enough people have returned theirs / have had them replaced, takes a few months after launch.

That sounds like desperation after a bad crash, OR just a desire to find a good deal on a first one.
Answer: Probably.
As many as are being sold and as many there are with DJI Care there should be some refurbs showing up soon.
Just don’t want pay full price. Thanks ?

I’ve always had good luck with refurbished computers and other high end, manufacturer-direct products.
I figure they’ve often been operator-error/remorse returns, DOA shipments that went out and then got factory personal attention to be refurbished.

I’ve done a few Apple & Dell computers this way saved $$$. I’d do a DJI direct drone with no hesitation if the price was right and warranty in place.

So called Refurbished aircraft are actually plain box new aircraft without batteries or accessories, manufactured specifically for replacement under Refresh/DJI Care or sent out after payment of a Repair invoice. They are already available now. They just aren't for sale.

So called Refurbished aircraft are actually plain box new aircraft without batteries or accessories, manufactured specifically for replacement under Refresh/DJI Care or sent out after payment of a Repair invoice. They are already available now. They just aren't for sale.
Actually DJI does sell full package refurbs. Supply will fluctuate though.

Actually DJI does sell full package refurbs. Supply will fluctuate though.

Correct. However, that usually takes place at the end of the life of the product, and not at the introduction, and they are not significantly cheaper than new units. The M2P refurb today (were it not unavailable) sells for the lowest price the new M2P's sold at last year.

I’ve always had good luck with refurbished computers and other high end, manufacturer-direct products.
I figure they’ve often been operator-error/remorse returns, DOA shipments that went out and then got factory personal attention to be refurbished.

I’ve done a few Apple & Dell computers this way saved $$$. I’d do a DJI direct drone with no hesitation if the price was right and warranty in place.
I do the same with HP computers, can get them for a fraction of the cost of a new one, have never got a bad one yet.

Any chance we’ll being seeing a Mini 2 refurbished in the near future?
Refurbished item are usually a product that was...
Out for display in a Big Box Store and returned.
Quads that were turned in for some kind of technical issue.
A damaged quad that was repaired ! but DJI decided to send
customer a new one.
Too premature at this time wait another year !
Be patient my friend.
Facilityman_7

Correct. However, that usually takes place at the end of the life of the product, and not at the introduction, and they are not significantly cheaper than new units. The M2P refurb today (were it not unavailable) sells for the lowest price the new M2P's sold at last year.
But your quote which I responded to said DJI refurbs didn't include accessories. It implied for all DJI models.

I would agree though that for the most recent model, the MM2, there isn't enough supply for full kit refurbs but enough for AC only special orders when the AC is totalled or lost in a crash but not under warranty.

I've gotten burned in the distant past on open boxes for electronics where a not so obvious problem was found. Refurbs could fall in that situation too. It depends on how rigorously the product is and can be tested for any suble defect.

customer a new one.
Be patient my friend.
Facilityman_7
I can be patient, but a year is too much. I was thinking a month or two.

customer a new one.
Be patient my friend.
Facilityman_7
I find one you didn't mention as most DJI refurbs are in a like new condition with all stickers. So to me DJI refurbs could also be any item that failed along the way down the assembly line or failed a test. It is then sent to appropriate section to have that component replaced and then down the assembly line again to pass. At least that is how DJI refurbs used to be a few years ago.

It may be veering into false economy territory here, but this thread got me curious: Amazon had discounted open box returns in both Fly More & basic aircraft configurations for sale.

just look for the DJI Mini 2, and it’ll be listed at the same price everyone fixes them at BUT under that price it’ll also say “more available new and used”... $30-60 bucks off of retail. Not sure if they come with same warranty as new. Dunno if you can still buy an extended / protection plan, but that might be an interesting option. Save a buck then if you crash it get a new one under the premium warranty.

I pulled the trigger yesterday. Purchased Mini 2 w/fly more combo, ssd card, and 4 year insurance
from Walmart. It was only a few dollars more than the the average sticker price. Very happy with
this transaction. Will be here Wednesday. ?

I pulled the trigger yesterday. Purchased Mini 2 w/fly more combo, ssd card, and 4 year insurance
from Walmart. It was only a few dollars more than the the average sticker price. Very happy with
I see the extended warranty is backed my State Farm, interesting. Twice as long as dji refresh 2 year for the same $$

Was it from walmart. com or purchased in-store? I went to their website and... it just looks so hinky, being a "marketplace" for all the other sellers. Weird that such a big retailer like WM can't just sell their own stuff. It's even hard to filter to just see items "sold and fulfilled by WM".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada