DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 refurb

I heard on local news that many retailers find restocking returned items is more expensive than it's worth that they often dispose of the item. Hopefully that's only moderately priced items.

However lately I keep getting Amazon shipments for stuff I never ordered. I contacted Amazon, they said I could keep them. 4 packages so far. First two were weird stuff useless or hardly useful to me, like 100 bags to make 20 ice cubes each.
The recent one was a spray bottle of Simple Green.

Hi Uncle Pete: You make a really good point about refurbished products (although it's not something I take advantage of myself). Our first Mini 2 had a tiny part dislodged on arrival that couldn't easily be fixed by ourselves, so it was sent back for a replacement - after just one 15-minute test fight. Whoever gets that drone will be buying one effectively "as new"; so therefore a genuine bargain. When original manufacturers control this - as different from wholesalers, retailers, or third-party manufacturers (think smart phones being fitted with cheap parts) - they will very likely do an excellent job of maintaining high standards, simply because of wishing to retain their good reputation. Based on this, it's not at all surprising that your past experience of refurbished products has been a positive one.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Was it from walmart. com or purchased in-store? I went to their website and... it just looks so hinky, being a "marketplace" for all the other sellers. Weird that such a big retailer like WM can't just sell their own stuff. It's even hard to filter to just see items "sold and fulfilled by WM".
Walmart.com, never had a problem, never will with their policies. They backup everything they sell, wether they
supply it .or another vendor does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf