DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 tablet holder

ATP

Reactions
Hello, I just upgraded my Mini to the Mini 2 and tried to use the iPad holder I used on the Mini controller.
My first comment is that all the You Tube videos about tablet holders for the Mini 2 or Mavic Air, (same controller I believe), do not show the use of a lanyard. I definitely do not want to hold the controller and iPad for the entire flight.
My second comment is that the Mini 2 controller does not hold the iPad holder very firmly as the springs seem somewhat weak. I attached my lanyard to the post of the tablet holder in case it fell of the Mini 2 controller which it did more than once.
Is there a recommendation as to which brand of iPad/tablet holder to use for the Mini 2?

Reactions: Equis
Check out Drone Valley review of MA/MM2 controller accessories. He covers a lanyard and tablet adapter made specifically for that controller, among a few other useful items.

Reactions: NDWildBill
Perhaps post a link to the holder (and iPad model) you're using.

I'm using this with my FA2 (same controller) and a Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8. Works great. Doesn't deal with your lanyard requirement, however.

Check out Drone Valley review of MA/MM2 controller accessories. He covers a lanyard and tablet adapter made specifically for that controller, among a few other useful items.
I am using Drone Valley’s lanyard and small iPad extender on my Mini 2. Both work extremely well. They are available on Drone Valley web site. They of course also work on the Air 2 controller as well.

Try a Ram mount . Stick on ball to a cheap tablet case and a small cell phone sized block mounted in the controller with another ball and arm. Then just tie a cord around one of the ball necks --- infinitely adjustable works awesome and very strong

Hello, I just upgraded my Mini to the Mini 2 and tried to use the iPad holder I used on the Mini controller.
My first comment is that all the You Tube videos about tablet holders for the Mini 2 or Mavic Air, (same controller I believe), do not show the use of a lanyard. I definitely do not want to hold the controller and iPad for the entire flight.
My second comment is that the Mini 2 controller does not hold the iPad holder very firmly as the springs seem somewhat weak. I attached my lanyard to the post of the tablet holder in case it fell of the Mini 2 controller which it did more than once.
Is there a recommendation as to which brand of iPad/tablet holder to use for the Mini 2?
I made up this from 1.5mm ss welding rod and it holds my 8" tablet firmly
Hi I made up a wire clip. See Wire clip for tablet in mini hardware mods. It works well for me. more secure than the skyreat tablet holder.

Thanks for the link. I had a look and made up a wire clip for a lanyard as well. Now i suppose I'll have to stop making accessories and fly it!!

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_113205.jpg
    IMG_20201230_113205.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20201230_112619.jpg
    IMG_20201230_112619.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members