DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Through Mexican customs.

Dominic1

Reactions
I am wondering if I should bring my mini 2 fly more combo to Puerto Vallarta airport in Mexico. I am flying on American airlines. I am a tourist flying from the US there. Has there been anyone who has brought one of these drones there? What are the possible problems I could run into traveling with my mini 2 fly more combo to Mexico? What papers should I bring? Should I bring all three batteries in the carryon or leave the other 2 behind? What are the travel restrictions on drones through customs there?

Legally you can’t fly in Mexico unless you are a citizen. Not sure about getting your drone through customs.

I am wondering if I should bring my mini 2 fly more combo to Puerto Vallarta airport in Mexico. I am flying on American airlines. I am a tourist flying from the US there. Has there been anyone who has brought one of these drones there? What are the possible problems I could run into traveling with my mini 2 fly more combo to Mexico? What papers should I bring? Should I bring all three batteries in the carryon or leave the other 2 behind? What are the travel restrictions on drones through customs there?
Hi. I live in México. Two years ago I purchased the mini fly more combo in US and took a flight from LA to Mexico City. I brought the case with the whole combo on it in my carry-on without further problems. I passed the security check at LA without problems at all. Last year I fought Mexico City to LA with the combo again. No problems at all. On this trip a bought the Mini 2 combo, and get back to Mexico City departing from LA with both combos on my carry-on ( actually, I brought one and my wife the other). No problems neither security checks in LA nor customs in Mexico. I hope my experience help you to take a decision.

Thanks for the feed backI I guess I will leave it here.
Well. I'm Mexican. I live in a tourist resort in Mexico and I've seen a lot of US and Canadian tourists flying their drones. Law is not strict regarding drones. Nobody cares about drones in México. Sometimes had happened to me that a security guy in a park asks me to don't fly there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow