DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 video broadcast issues while recording

guzewski

Reactions
My first post here, just so ya know.
My Mini 2 has been working great since I got it a few months ago. No issues whatsoever, until yesterday. I use a Galaxy Tab A8 with the drone and it provides a nice, fairly bright, image. But yesterday an odd thing happened: While I was flying and recording, the video stream from the drone suddenly got all blocky and smudged. You could still make out what the drone was seeing, more or less, but it was pretty bad. As soon as I stopped recording the video stream became perfectly clear again. This happened a few times (not every flight). There was no message from the drone that anything was amiss. I was a bit worried about the recorded video (at 2.7K 60fps) but when I got home all the footage was actually fine. It's not a show stopper but it's kind of bothersome just the same. Any thoughts on this?

The video returned to the phone, as a controller is not that recorded to the SD Card. This video comes on the 2.4 or 5.? Frequency. Radio frequency.

The blockiness is caused by partial loss of signal. Cause for this loss is mostly likely some interference at about the same frequency. This could be either radio or magnetic. Or perhaps the phone was "busy" on some task and could not put the compressed signal back together in full.

Solutions are changing the control frequency in that area. Look for sources of electromagnetism, such as large electric motors of high voltage power transmission line. You would need to be quite close to them for this to happen, but a close radio frequency has a much larger field. Make sure the phone is only running necessary apps.

The blockiness is caused by partial loss of signal.
I thought this might be the case after reviewing the footage. As far as source of electromagnetism, it would be intermittent or temporary as I have done a lot of my practice flying in this park and not had the issue before. I found it odd that at the moment I turned off recording the image reliably cleared up completely.

It's probably a good idea to keep the tablet clear of any other apps while flying, but I don't think that was the issue here.

Thanks for your insights. I'll keep monitoring the situation, but I can't fly today because it's raining. 😢

exactly the same problem on my mini2. Not on all flights, but problems do occur sometimes
I was meaning to update this with some new information. It's pretty definite that the problem starts occurring when the battery charge drops to some level. I have three batteries and the point at which the smearing starts varies depending on which battery I'm using. One of them is particularly bad, but in general the issue is manageable.

I was meaning to update this with some new information. It's pretty definite that the problem starts occurring when the battery charge drops to some level. I have three batteries and the point at which the smearing starts varies depending on which battery I'm using. One of them is particularly bad, but in general the issue is manageable.
But if I stop the recording the problem gone, and then I can restart recording again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_