DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 weird camera/image bug

jacob78

Reactions
Hey, I've been flying the mini 2 for a while and two times during the night, I've experienced my camera pixelate like this randomly during the flight:
Even when I open the dji app to view the video directly from the drone, it shows up the same but when I download it directly to my phone via the dji app or pull the video from the sd card via computer, there is no pixilation what so ever. I'm using a 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus SD card and the weird part is when I landed & stopped recording the image quality returned to normal on my phone/dji app.

Last edited:
Hey, I've been flying the mini 2 for a while and two times during the night, I've experienced my camera pixelate like this randomly during the flight:
Even when I open the dji app to view the video directly from the drone, it shows up the same but when I download it directly to my phone via the dji app or pull the video from the sd card via computer, there is no pixilation what so ever. I'm using a 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus SD card and the weird part is when I landed & stopped recording the image quality returned to normal on my phone/dji app.
I agree with the previous reply on the card rate, also when you are set on auto exposure but viewing lights and a dark background the auto levels have a problem getting the correct iso.
This looked like the auto iso was trying to calculate bright light and darkness in the same frame, difficult with a full frame camera, near impossible with a mini video camera. Try manual settings and experiment!

I'm running into the same image pixelate problem on my iPhone 7 plus. It started occuring randomly during daylight flights. It comes and goes and I wonder if having updated to the latest firmware might have created the problem? I record to a 64GB SD Extreme plus. My videos play back just fine to my PC and I record at 2.7K/30mps. Should I try to delete/reinstall the app?

Last edited:
I'm running into the same image pixelate problem on my iPhone 7 plus. It started occuring randomly during daylight flights. It comes and goes and I wonder if having updated to the latest firmware might have created the problem? I record to a 64GB SD Extreme plus. My videos play back just fine to my PC and I record at 2.7K/30mps. Should I try to delete/reinstall the app?
I replaced my SD card with a SanDisk Extreme Pro and have not experienced it again yet. But then again I haven't flown in a cold environment yet like when the issue was occurring before.

I replaced my SD card with a SanDisk Extreme Pro and have not experienced it again yet. But then again I haven't flown in a cold environment yet like when the issue was occurring before.
Thank you jacob! I'll give that a try and get a new SD Extreme Pro. In the meantime I deleted/reinstalled the Fly app but haven't had the chance to try that out yet. Cold temps might be a factor here as well. It was 32 degrees outside when I flew yesterday and this morning. But the last flight I made, I actually sat inside my truck where it was warm but still the pixelated images cropped up occasionally. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers,
Jim

If the video on the SD card on the AC is OK, you can rule out camera issues. Issue has to be somewhere between transmission from the AC and the app display. If turning off cache fixes the issue, then it has to be an app problem or something on the device not providing suitable resources for the caching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143