DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 and GPS data / EXIF tags

DesertFox

Reactions
Hi there, I am looking at getting a Mini Pro 3 to use for aerial mapping (in just very limited situations / rough fast maps, otherwise I would use my Mavic 2 Pro as usual) and wanted to confirm whether the photos files produced include the GPS data in EXIF tags?

I am hoping to be able to take a grid of photos with an autonomous flight and then upload into a Dronedeploy project / defined area - perhaps a long shot, but there are just lots of projects I would love to try in populated areas that needs a sub-250gm drone.

Hi there, I am looking at getting a Mini Pro 3 to use for aerial mapping (in just very limited situations / rough fast maps, otherwise I would use my Mavic 2 Pro as usual) and wanted to confirm whether the photos files produced include the GPS data in EXIF tags?

I am hoping to be able to take a grid of photos with an autonomous flight and then upload into a Dronedeploy project / defined area - perhaps a long shot, but there are just lots of projects I would love to try in populated areas that needs a sub-250gm drone.
Yes. Here's an example. Altitude is in meters.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 090746.jpg

Reactions: EyesWideShut
HAve a look at this thread from a while ago. It relates to the Mini1, but has some useful background info on EXIF data, especially the altitude tag and explanations as to why it may be a little bit off. Hopefully the Mini3 is a bit better regarding recording altitude data in EXIF tags.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4