DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 case review feat."Frankencase" and Skyreat

Sorry about your experience! Fortunately, not a whiff of any odor at all from my case.
Oh man ! Consider yourself fortunate for that because, I ain’t kiddin, if I take a deep whiff when I open the case, that scent hits me right between the eyes !

I bought one of the Judunmsk cases for my MA2. It fits the whole FlyMore kit, and why I bought this case in particular was the extra storage space that’s underneath the top level. I can put my tablet in there and a fold up landing pad too !
My complaint about it though is that it has a HORRIBLY strong chemical smell to it ! I aired the thing out for 2 days in my garage and maybe it’s a little less, but it’s still there. Like the case, HATE the smell !
Do you have the smell in your case too ??

Try putting it outside in the sun with the case open and the foam exposed. A little bit of heating seems to dissipate that foam and adhesive odor pretty effectively.

Oh man ! Consider yourself fortunate for that because, I ain’t kiddin, if I take a deep whiff when I open the case, that scent hits me right between the eyes !
I'm lucky indeed, given your experience! Wonder if there was a glue screw up or something...

Try putting it outside in the sun with the case open and the foam exposed. A little bit of heating seems to dissipate that foam and adhesive odor pretty effectively.
Thanks I’ll try that out. Have you had a similar problem ?

Thanks I’ll try that out. Have you had a similar problem ?
Yes, there was a bad "plastic" odor with the case when it was new, but leaving it open in the sun for most of a sunny day took care of it. The heat helps the volatile compounds in the foam evaporate. There's no discernable odor at all now.

I’ve been through 3 cases now and so far settled on the Skyreat. Frustrating thing for me is wondering why most of these cases make it so the controller sit with the screen up? I worry about anything I might have in the pouch could scratch it. I bought one case they does have a liner that protects from the pouch but it’s a bit bulky. Another has the controller sitting upright and sideways but the case is too big and deep.

The Skyreat is working for me so far because I simply turn the controller upside down. Ir seems to provide sufficient protection and the sticks do not touch. So for now the Skyreat is going to work well for me.

Z
Are you leaving the sticks on the controller when you pack it?

Yes, there was a bad "plastic" odor with the case when it was new, but leaving it open in the sun for most of a sunny day took care of it. The heat helps the volatile compounds in the foam evaporate. There's no discernable odor at all now.
Awesome. I’ll try that out, I hope it works for me. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne