DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 lost connection at height of 120m and didn't reconnect

smstamir

Reactions
Hi,
I've just got my mini 3, and did a flight above my hotel.
At 120 m I got a warning of might violating rules, so I lowered to 115 m, tried to take some 48 mp photos, and at the last photo the photo went grayscale and connection between the RC N1 to the drone was lost (the drone was above me).
After 12 second it RTH, and stayed at 1.5 meter and didn't land. The RC N1 couldn't reconnect even after restarting the RC and phone multiple times.
We waited 17 minutes until it landed with 0 battery.
What happened?
It is a brand new device with updated firmware.

It probably stayed at 1.5m because the vision positioning system didn't have sufficient light to determine whether the landing area was suitable.

I had a similar incident with a now returned Mini3pro on it's second flight which occurred at night. I was only able to regain control of it by cycling power to the controller and it reconnected.

I've gone through two Mini3pro aircraft so far in a month and I think I will just stick to my mini2 for now. There seems to be some serious quality control problems the product. I'm sure it will eventually get sorted out but I am not the one to do it.

Maybe 2023 production will be better or perhaps I'll have better luck then.

Hi,
At 120 m I got a warning of might violating rules, so I lowered to 115 m, tried to take some 48 mp photos, and at the last photo the photo went grayscale and connection between the RC N1 to the drone was lost (the drone was above me).
After 12 second it RTH, and stayed at 1.5 meter and didn't land. The RC N1 couldn't reconnect even after restarting the RC and phone multiple times.
What happened?
What were the lighting conditions like when landing? I bring a torch to light up my landing spot at night.
Was there anything at the hotel that could have interfered with the signal?

Today it happened to me. The same scenario, I was taking h.res. pictures and drone disconnected. Could not reconnect
Any update on this?

Reactions: Yaros
Today it happened to me. The same scenario, I was taking h.res. pictures and drone disconnected. Could not reconnect
Any update on this?
Please post logs.

So you were in a highly congested communication area (WiFi signals)...interference would be very high and the error was probably briefly shown but due to the amount of info being relayed in that spot, you missed it or again congested the screen to be of use.
.Moving away from interference! (the Hotel) would've cured the problem immediately

Any update on this?
There are a couple of possibilities, but the flight data is necessary to tell what actually happened.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

There are a couple of possibilities, but the flight data is necessary to tell what actually happened.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.
Thanks for the link!
That is what I've got: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

After 3 minutes of flight, it lost the GPS
2m 29.3sP-GPS31satellites20.0ft23.3ft0mph46.0ft71%7.68V3.84V3.84V0.008V
2m 29.9sATTI31satellites20.0ft23.3ft0mph46.1ft71%7.68V3.84V3.84V0.008VGPS signal weak. Switched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution.; IAircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution (Code: 30004).; Attitude mode. Fly with caution.
2m 30.1sP-GPS31satellites20.0ft23.3ft0.2mph46.2ft71%7.68V3.84V3.84V0.008VCompass or GPS signal weak. Changed to Attitude mode.; IAircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution (Code: 30004).
2m 35.3sP-GPS31satellites17.7ftN/A0mph48.4ft71%7.713V3.86V3.85V0.005V

I was flying over a roof made of metal tiles - I guess that could be the cause of the GPS signal loss, but it does not explain why I got disconnected and why I could not reconnect after I lost the signal - I was 4 meters from a drone. There were no obstacles in a straight line between my controller and the drone. The drone hovered over the roof; it did not return to the exact location of the landing spot - it was 6 meters away from it.

Thanks for the link!
That is what I've got: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

After 3 minutes of flight, it lost the GPS

I was flying over a roof made of metal tiles - I guess that could be the cause of the GPS signal loss,
Flying over metal tiles has zero effect on your GPS.
You would have to fly under the metal roof for it to have any effect.
but it does not explain why I got disconnected and why I could not reconnect after I lost the signal - I was 4 meters from a drone. There were no obstacles in a straight line between my controller and the drone. The drone hovered over the roof; it did not return to the exact location of the landing spot - it was 6 meters away from it.
If you could post a link to the Phantomhelp summary, the full data might help understand what happened.

I had almost exactly the same thing happen to me with the Mini 3 Pro. I took a 48mp image, screen went greyscale, returned to home (and almost flew into a tree), couldn't be conneted and had to wait until the battery ran out.

While the screen was greyscale it still showed me the RC connection status with signal improving once the drone got closer.

It was at night but I tried to light up the area or pushing the drone down a bit but it didn't land.
Is this a general issue or something specific to my drone?

Hi,
What happened?
RTH do not mean land. Did you try to press Land icon or lower the left joystick until hear the command saying "Landing"? The bottom sensors can also prevent landing.

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut