DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Postponed???

China has all but shutdown manufacturing and shipping on account of Covid. Who knows when they'll be up and running again. The mini 3 could be delayed for weeks or months?
I seriously doubt that. About them being shut down, I mean. But who knows when the Mythical Mini-3 may arrive?

I live in CC too. Where are some places that you like to fly?

TCS

They could start by purchasing American vaccines, and pour their homebrew down the, how do the Brits put it, Loo?

As disappointing as the actual efficacy of the US vaccines has turned out to be, they still do provide some significant protection, if not immunity. This is substantially better than the Chinese vaccines are performing, or so I've read.
Or, alternatively, they could just let the thing run, get herd immunity, and be done with it.

COVID just doesn't kill that many people as a percentage of the population, particularly not the young, manufacturing-worker population.

The world has been reacting as if this was on a par with the Black Plague. It isn't. Not even close.

TCS

Now this looks more real! But it's hard to buy it, in the absence of an official DJI announcement.

I'm not familiar with Argos (I'm in the USA). Are they generally a reliable supplier?

Looking down the page at the inventory, they seem to have Mini-1 FMCs for an incredibly low price. How would that amount convert to pre-tax USD? If a new Mini-1 FMC is really under $200 USD pre-tax, I'd snap one up if I wanted an inexpensive way to get into droning. I'm very happy with the performance of my Mini-1.

Thx!

TCS

Now this looks more real! But it's hard to buy it, in the absence of an official DJI announcement.

I'm not familiar with Argos (I'm in the USA). Are they generally a reliable supplier?

Looking down the page at the inventory, they seem to have Mini-1 FMCs for an incredibly low price. How would that amount convert to pre-tax USD? If a new Mini-1 FMC is really under $200 USD pre-tax, I'd snap one up if I wanted an inexpensive way to get into droning. I'm very happy with the performance of my Mini-1.

Thx!

TCS
The Fly More Combo is only extra batteries propellers etc. does not include the drone controller or anything else. It’s an add-on to an existing drone. Confuse me at first as well.

Thx!

TCS
For VLOS with relatively calm weather, mini 1 is perfect

Thx!

TCS
Well they have nearly 740 stores across the UK so I guess that makes them reasonably reliable 🤣

Or, alternatively, they could just let the thing run, get herd immunity, and be done with it.

COVID just doesn't kill that many people as a percentage of the population, particularly not the young, manufacturing-worker population.

The world has been reacting as if this was on a par with the Black Plague. It isn't. Not even close.

TCS
We are of exactly the same mindset on this.

Two unreported facts since we've changed presidents: More fatalities have occurred under the new administration than under the previous one, in a shorter time period, and with vaccines available.

Second, the fatality rate from influenza is greater than covid. Or better stated, the fatality rate of covid, in the US, has fallen below that of the flu. No doubt because of the vaccines, treatments like Paxlovid, and as @Chaosrider mentions, herd immunity, chiefly because of the relatively mild Omicron mutation.

There is no scientifically valid reason to continue any covid policy distinct from general health policy that addresses common infectious diseases like influenza, and rhinovirus (common cold).

And I beg all of you to not make this political. This post is not pro/anti Trump or Biden. It's about the facts right now concerning COVID epidemiology. The best thing that could have happened was not the vaccine, the new antivirals, treatment protocols, quarantines, or anything else we've tried and done in the last 2+ years... no the end of COVID as a unique concern was...

Omicron

Reactions: EliteBleader
The Fly More Combo is only extra batteries propellers etc. does not include the drone controller or anything else. It’s an add-on to an existing drone. Confuse me at first as well.
Not even a bag?!?!!?? Convenient serial charging hub?

Frankly, the props are of no significant value... I'm on all my original, first props on all drones, except one. So in the rare occasion I destroy props, I'm fine flying a different drone for a day, while new props come overnight from Amazon.

For me, the part of the FMC that has been most valuable for the Mavics and minis is the batteries, then the bag, then the charge hub. The rest I've never actually used.

And the batteries only barely beat out the bag. 90% of the time that I fly one of the camera drones, I don't even fully drain 1 battery.

The drone I had to use the replacement props for? Routinely burn all three batteries in a flying session?

I'll bet y'all can guess without skipping a beat... 😁

I seriously doubt that. About them being shut down, I mean. But who knows when the Mythical Mini-3 may arrive?

I live in CC too. Where are some places that you like to fly?

TCS
The mini 3 pro will be announced on release day just like any other new dJI drone release.
The little boy on that you tube clip trying to paint a doom and gloom picture,should not be
doing stuff like that.

not worth watching!!!
Agreed! Although I do understand why he calls his channel "Drone Emotion". Anyone who uses the phrase "literally dropped a bomb" needs to re evaluate his word choices. Also, this was 4 minutes that could have been a retweet. I stopped watching after he showed the tweet.

That wasn't true for the Mini-1, and it looked to me like that's what they were talking about. But I didn't look very closely, so perhaps I misread it.

Thx,

TCS

The Mavic Mini (aka mini 1, and what was being talked about) fly more combo definitely includes the drone, controller and all the other usual bits and pieces.

It looks like the mini 3 FMC is an add on pack of extra batteries and stuff, but no drone or controller.

In the UK the price advertised is the price you pay. It includes all taxes etc already. Shame that Argos are out of stock of mini 1s 😏

Every official DJI Fly More Combo I've seen since I first started researching buying one includes the drone, controller, multiple batteries, bag, extra props, etc. You can see on that same link that they are selling the Mini 2 Fly More Combo:
1651350056783.png
What Argos has listed for the Mini 3 Pro is a Fly More Kit which looks like an add kit for someone who already has the drone and controller. Not sure if this kit is something Argos came up with, or if it's official from DJI. They also list it as an add on for "the latest Mavic 2 drone". So I'm really not sure what they are trying to say.

1651350498419.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR