DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro cannot be activated because it was blocked by dji what to do

Reactions: 808state
Might the drone be stolen from a shop etc. and blocked because it was reported stolen. I recollect reading something about that.

I already got in touch with dji, they informed that the goods had been stolen and the factory blocked them, so they asked me to find the dealer to get the money back. but the reseller refuses to return it on aliexpress... i need a way to unlock it myself or i will lose my invested money..

I already got in touch with dji, they informed that the goods had been stolen and the factory blocked them, so they asked me to find the dealer to get the money back. but the reseller refuses to return it on aliexpress... i need a way to unlock it myself or i will lose my invested money..
It won't happen.
I purchased Spark a few years ago on Amazon. The seller was selling stolen goods, Fortunately Amazon has a good refund policy so all was fine for a refund. The bulk seller didn't seem to know that it was from a truckload of stolen drones.
It's really important to buy from reputable sellers.

It won't happen.
I purchased Spark a few years ago on Amazon. The seller was selling stolen goods, Fortunately Amazon has a good refund policy so all was fine for a refund. The bulk seller didn't seem to know that it was from a truckload of stolen drones.
It's really important to buy from reputable sellers.
True

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do since DJI has the sole discretion on whether to activate the drone or not and out of principle, they just won't activate drones that are officially reported as stolen. As far as I know, there is no way to get around it, you cannot hack into DJI systems and activate your drone; nobody can. Hopefully you used a credit card and have some recourse but your drone is just like anything else, if you receive stolen goods your options are limited. Not sure what country/state you are in (HI?) but you may be able to go to the police.

Reactions: Torque and 808state
I'd get in touch with Aliexpress, they are acting as a market place for stolen good.
If that hits a brick wall, is there any branch of your government that regulates internet market places with regards to the selling stolen goods?

As @mavic3usa said, if you used a credit card contact them.

Other than that you got ........ sorry.

I'd get in touch with Aliexpress, they are acting as a market place for stolen good.
If that hits a brick wall, is there any branch of your government that regulates internet market places with regards to the selling stolen goods?

As @mavic3usa said, if you used a credit card contact them.

Other than that you got ........ sorry.
tks.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
My 2 cents,Aliexpress is a great company to deal with ,Im sure that if you contact the right folks there they can help

Call the police and make a report, then file a claim in small claims court against the person you bought it from. Document everything via emails, text, and so on so you have a very good paper trail. Somebody will get stuck holding the bag, but it doesn't have to be you. Once locked by DJI because it was reported stolen, the one who could get it unlocked is the original owner who reported stolen. It'll be a bit of a process, but better than just being out the money.

Call the police and make a report, then file a claim in small claims court against the person you bought it from. Document everything via emails, text, and so on so you have a very good paper trail. Somebody will get stuck holding the bag, but it doesn't have to be you. Once locked by DJI because it was reported stolen, the one who could get it unlocked is the original owner who reported stolen. It'll be a bit of a process, but better than just being out the money.
Many people don't think about small claims court which I think is very effective when you deal with domestic issues.

Reactions: KB9Radio
One thing about small claims court can be that the guilty party has no $ to pay the claim, as I found the time that I won my case...

One thing about small claims court can be that the guilty party has no $ to pay the claim, as I found the time that I won my case...
In this case the person he bought it from either stole it, or received and sold stolen goods. That's why the police report is the first thing to do. They may be able to recover restitution for you, but I would still file a small claim cast right away or at least start documenting everything and putting a cast together in the event you need to. Save the add you responded to, and any text or emails to the individual requesting a refund or informing them that it is stolen and locked by DJI.

You can open dispute in AliExpress, for sure they will help you out!

The issue is that customs embarrassments here in Brazil will take a long time for the drone to reach me, this was more difficult to recover from aliexpress

I've bought off AliExpress before, they're fine but these days for me at least it's cheaper to buy locally. Only reason to use them is if DJI don't sell officially in your local market..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89