DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro - land the drone in your hand

kevguy

Reactions
How do you do this? In this YouTube video (
), he just holds his hand out. Why didn’t the ground avoidance sensors stop this? That’s what happened to me today when I tired to do it.

Last edited:
How do you do this? In this YouTube video (
), he just holds his hand out. Why didn’t the ground avoidance sensors stop this? That’s what happened to me today when I tired to do it.

You have to hold your hand still and it will hover for a bit and then finally realize it is safe to land on your hand and start descending. I do it all the time in difficult to land areas - especially when I don't bring my landing pad with me.

Reactions: AnzacJack
once it goes into the final "land phase" the OA system turns off

I still don’t get it. what command is the drone executing? RTH? Land?

Can someone point me in the direction of a better video on YouTube?

The 'pinch' technique works well and won't set the bottom sensors off. Bring the drone down to chest height, step behind it slightly to one side, reach forward and lightly grip the rear of the drone (on or near the battery tabs) with thumb and forefinger, pull the throttle stick down and hold until motors shut off.

I stand in the 8-o'clock position relative to the front of the drone (i.e., a bit behind and to its left) so that I don't trigger the rear obstacle sensors, then put my hand out and catch the drone by its back half so as not to trigger the downward sensors.

I have been taught recently to fly the drone back to you slightly above your head then grab the drone from the read under the body and quickly flip it over. This shuts it down immediately and safely in your hand. If you google how to catch a mavic 3 pro a billion videos come up

I have been taught recently to fly the drone back to you slightly above your head then grab the drone from the read under the body and quickly flip it over. This shuts it down immediately and safely in your hand. If you google how to catch a mavic 3 pro a billion videos come up
Once the drone is in your hand ALL you should need to do is close the throttle and hold it closed for a few seconds.
The grab and twist manoeuver should IMO be kept for unusual circumctances, I think it stresses the drone and motors unduly.

Last edited:
Once the drone is in your hand ALL you should need to do is close the throrrle and hold it closed for a few seconds.
The grab and twist maneuver should IMO be kept for unusual circumctances, I think it stresses the drone and motors unduly.
Good to know! I usually just land it on the ground but will keep that in mind thanks!

Also, go into the Safety Tab and switch OA to OFF while hovering just above head level. This will make it easier to position above your hand. Do NOT switch to Sport mode.

Once the drone is in your hand ALL you should need to do is close the throttle and hold it closed for a few seconds.
The grab and twist maneuver should IMO be kept for unusual circumctances, I think it stresses the drone and motors unduly.
Not only that you stand a chance of having the drone slip out of your hands if for some reason you didn't grab a hold of the drone tight enough. I feel this maneuver makes it very dangerous for both me and the drone.
If you just let it land on your hands it gently lowers itself to the palm of your hands and the props quickly stop spinning like it does when you land on the ground.

Look at the left thumb and stick on the controller:

Picsart_23-08-24_13-52-03-969.jpg

Not only that you stand a chance of having the drone slip out of your hands if for some reason you didn't grab a hold of the drone tight enough. I feel this maneuver makes it very dangerous for both me and the drone.
If you just let it land on your hands it gently lowers itself to the palm of your hands and the props quickly stop spinning like it does when you land on the ground.
If you are talking about the snatch/grab and twist manoeuver then I am inclined to agree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705