DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 pro obstacle avoidance showing disabled

EricE555

Reactions
In the settings I have used bypass and hover for the obstacle avoidance actions, but the icon on the main screen shows red and disabled for obstacle avoidance. I am up-to-date on the latest firmware. Does anybody have any ideas on how to enable it. Is anybody else having the same problem?

Are you in S mode on the controller?

@EricE555 have you checked in the manual there are several instances where the obstacle avoidance is disabled for instance if shooting in 10.80 at 120fps and of course a lot of the auto flight modes try different combinations if i remember rightly you need to have bypass off in some of the modes and set to hover

This forum is a teaching tool, please give reason if answer found. Will be helpful is someone uses “search” for same.

So here is what I learned. The mode shows disabled often/always when not in flight. Also there are 3 or 4 shutter speeds at each resolution where it is disabled. Mine did enable once in flight and not recording video.

"Disable Sideways Flight" caused me to send my one-day-old back to DJI on their instructions. With barely one hour of use, I experienced precisely the symptoms shown in this video:

When I first experienced this problem, I contacted DJI, who suggested an "RC recalibration". When this didn't fix it, they said "Send it in for replacement". So I did -relinquishing my brand spanking new Mini 3 just before a transcontinental road trip.

Worse, it's gonna take nearly two weeks to enable the replacement. It has to go back to Cerritos, CA from southern British Columbia.

So, if you lose sideways flight, it's probably this function, not an "infant mortality" like I thought I'd had.

I just wish DJI support had suggested I look for this menu setting. I was pretty specific about the symptom.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78