DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Pitching Forward Instead of Liftng Off

mattyd58

Reactions
After working perfectially for couple weeks yesterday Mini 3 won't lift off. Instead pitches forwatd slamming front props into tarmack. Anyone else having this issue? All firmware updated to latest and using DJI RC. No changes to either drone or RC from one day to next. Cant contact DJI Till Monday for probably no answrer anyway.

Appriciate reply but props are perfectly fine. One day drone flew great, next day experianced issue stated above Same issue with standard controler. Checked stick settings on both controlers; each in proper, default position, #2. Mavic 3 Pro working fine with controlers. Even unboud Mavic 3 Pro so controlers dedicated only to Mini 3. No fix. I'll put in ticket with DJI. Not going to Care/Refresh because nothing happened on my end. This is some sort of firmware issue. Any others experiancing similar issue. Just created tickt, sending drone back to DJI, not using my Care/Refrich - nothing happend on my end.

Appriciate reply but props are perfectly fine. One day drone flew great, next day experianced issue stated above Same issue with standard controler. Checked stick settings on both controlers; each in proper, default position, #2. Mavic 3 Pro working fine with controlers. Even unboud Mavic 3 Pro so controlers dedicated only to Mini 3. No fix. I'll put in ticket with DJI. Not going to Care/Refresh because nothing happened on my end. This is some sort of firmware issue. Any others experiancing similar issue. Just created tickt, sending drone back to DJI, not using my Care/Refrich - nothing happend on my end.
When you say "perfectly fine," does that mean you verified that the front props are spinning in the right direction and not blowing upward? I ask because, unless the front props aren't spinning at all, it's hard to think of anything else that would cause that particular behavior. (Of course, if you didn't change the props between the time it flew and the time it didn't, that would eliminate the possibility.)

Hello. I agree. Can't really tell if motor spin has changed direction overnight but no alteration to prop position has been applied. Props have remained affixed same as since I received aircraft and it flew fine. Connected to Assistant, received message: ‘firmware inconsistent with some modules? Went ahead with update ‘success’. Drone continues to do same thing. Already invested several hours between troubleshooting & opening DJI ticket. Need to get back to something productive. What really sucks is needing to return RC along with Mini. Leaves me flying Mavic 3 with original controller & iPad until Mini returns from DJI.

That's weird! The only way to reverse the direction of this type motor is to reverse the polarity of the DC power. Anyway, if you just start the props at minimal power and leave the throttle all the way down, you should be able to verify which way the props are blowing.

I wonder if there are issues with the front motor(s) or ESC(s)? If the front motors were not spinning up to full speed and providing thrust but the back ones were then this would cause the drone to flip over forward. Does it go exactly straight fwd, or does it lean a little to the left/right?

I have a Tello drone that had one motor partially fail. All props would spin up to idle ok, but 1 wouldn't generate any real thrust. When I tried to take off it would flip diagonally over. The Tello has its centre of gravity almost exactly between the 4 motors. The mini3 has its COG a bit forward of this point so if even 1 of the front motors has issues then the drone will tend to pitch mostly forward, and maybe a little to 1 side.

Reactions: God Is Love
That's weird! The only way to reverse the direction of this type motor is to reverse the polarity of the DC power. Anyway, if you just start the props at minimal power and leave the throttle all the way down, you should be able to verify which way the props are blowing.
Yes but not investiing any more time, just sending back. Nothing I can do to fix if motors somehow reversed anyway. If I remember correctky I beleive orginal Assistent showed much more details like motor rotation, batter cell health, et. al. Idk, Maybe that was Yuneec's app.

Reactions: God Is Love
I wonder if there are issues with the front motor(s) or ESC(s)? If the front motors were not spinning up to full speed and providing thrust but the back ones were then this would cause the drone to flip over forward. Does it go exactly straight fwd, or does it lean a little to the left/right?

I have a Tello drone that had one motor partially fail. All props would spin up to idle ok, but 1 wouldn't generate any real thrust. When I tried to take off it would flip diagonally over. The Tello has its centre of gravity almost exactly between the 4 motors. The mini3 has its COG a bit forward of this point so if even 1 of the front motors has issues then the drone will tend to pitch mostly forward, and maybe a little to 1 side.
Exactly fwd, no favoring either side.

Whatever the drone is doing it sounds like it's not an obvious quick fix like switching over the props. Biting the bullet and sending it off to DJI is likely the best course of action. Wish you best of luck if you send it in!

Reactions: dug611
Yes but not investiing any more time, just sending back. Nothing I can do to fix if motors somehow reversed anyway. If I remember correctky I beleive orginal Assistent showed much more details like motor rotation, batter cell health, et. al. Idk, Maybe that was Yuneec's app.
Whatever the drone is doing it sounds like it's not an obvious quick fix like switching over the props. Biting the bullet and sending it off to DJI is likely the best course of action. Wish you best of luck if you send it in!
Thanks. Doubtful DJI will reveal the root cause, just probably replace drone & RC. If ever I do get to bottom of it I'll post update.

At this point I would try the Assistant 2 and go back an update , as my last thought.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.
You cannot roll back firmware. Additionally, he will probably then see the "60034" error. Not that it really matters to his unit at this point.

After working perfectially for couple weeks yesterday Mini 3 won't lift off. Instead pitches forwatd slamming front props into tarmack. Anyone else having this issue? All firmware updated to latest and using DJI RC. No changes to either drone or RC from one day to next. Cant contact DJI Till Monday for probably no answrer anyway.
The props don’t have to spin backwards for this effect to occur. If, somehow, the “takeoff” control movement (left stick forward) is being interpreted as a “accelerate forward” (right stick forward), I think the aircraft would pitch over like you describe. The way a drone accelerates is by pitching forward and letting some of the upward lift vector lean forward so that it has a horizontal component. How that mixup could be happening - if that is what’s hppening - is a mystery.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78