DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro range is terrible (in Canada/FCC region)

Mine loses signal every time at just over 300m. Really disappointed with this right now, to the point where I do not even want to use it. :(

Mine loses signal every time at just over 300m. Really disappointed with this right now, to the point where I do not even want to use it. :(
Put it in fcc mod and/or select 5.8ghz for the transmission, not auto.

Put it in fcc mod and/or select 5.8ghz for the transmission, not auto.
I tried to switch to 5.8 but was unable to choose either 2.4 or 5.8. Auto mode was the only mode available.
How do you "put it in fcc mod"? Is there mention in the manual for the Mini 3 Pro?

Ordered the Mini 3 on the 10th of May ,it came yesterday,right out of the box charged it up ,took it out for first flight I was so impressed ,no wind problems took it out 12000 feet with NO problems.The Remote is really a game changer ,hope they include the air2s soon,no more wires no more tripod to hold up my tablet .From this day forward drone companies will have allot to live up to .I had no problems ,I am glad I didn't get the Autel nano ,it was a **** show from the beginning .

Reactions: johnmont250
Looks like the latest firmware version V01.01.0100 for the DJI RC has fixed the CE problem. I have tried it several times and every time it used FCC mode. No need to use the reboot trick any more.
Likewise. Just got my Mini 3 yesterday. Charged it up last night. Did all the activation and system updates this morning. No signal loss at 360 m (didn't fly farther because I lost sight of it there).

Reactions: eva2000
FWIW, finally got around this weekend to do a range test. Since the Mavic 1, I've been able to take my DJI drones across the valley and over to the mountains across the way. I'd say it's as good as any of the others. Got out around 3 miles and still had a pretty decent signal. But more impressive was the remaining battery power. I think I might get the plus battery and try to go 5 miles out. Screenshot_20220723-142547.jpg

Update to my earlier posts on poor range with the Mini 3 Pro.

I have not flown my Mini 3 for over 3 months. I saw many updates over that period.

When I updated my firmware a couple of days ago, I found that the range issue was resolved. 3 flights in urban environments demonstrated the signal was 5 by 5 out to 1,000 meters. I was able to choose 2.4 or 5.8 mhz bands, but left it on "auto".

I still plan on a range test in a remote area (with observers on the path) to see what it can do.

I knew it was a matter of time for DJI to resolve the range issue, and I'm glad that I can fly my Mini 3 as it was intended to be flown.

Following, my Mini 3 Pro and RC Pro arrive tomorrow. PhillyDroneLife posted a YouTube video yesterday doing a city range test in Philadelphia and was able to go out nearly two miles.
Saw that but how is he able to do these again after all his troubles with the FAA?

Reactions: Torque
Phillydronelife was in big trouble last I heard for his beyond VLOS videos. Now all of a sudden I see him back posting the same type of videos again.

Reactions: Torque

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty