DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro range? What's your experience been like?

Just sharing my experience with first flight and having done the above posts, the drone performed perfectly, performance on par with the Mini 2, Mavic 2/3 etc Flew it to a point where I know the signal dies and it was maybe slightly even better give or take 100m. Frequency was set to dual band/auto, quad seems to prefer the 5.8Ghz band as its much less noisy.
Otherwise a very pleasant first flight, DJI RC is nice in the hand, not quite the heft of the Smart Controller but also its much cheaper. Keen to test its low-light performance next.
What kind of range did you get to?

Reactions: Torque
Just sharing my experience with first flight and having done the above posts, the drone performed perfectly, performance on par with the Mini 2, Mavic 2/3 etc Flew it to a point where I know the signal dies and it was maybe slightly even better give or take 100m. Frequency was set to dual band/auto, quad seems to prefer the 5.8Ghz band as its much less noisy.
Otherwise a very pleasant first flight, DJI RC is nice in the hand, not quite the heft of the Smart Controller but also its much cheaper. Keen to test its low-light performance next.
Thank you for sharing your first Mini 3 Pro experience, On par with your other DJI models in this particular area. Well written and informative, appreciate you taking the time to share.

Thanks again!
Paul

@Lespaxvera ,while i accept that you are entitled to have an opinion, that may differ from other members ,please make sure you can back up your comments with actual facts ,
i can assume from your post ,that you will not be getting one anytime soon

I was able to take mine out today for a test. I got to 1km (I've got good eyesight?) without any warnings or disconnections flying out in open countryside, around 100m high with the controller pointed at the drone. I assume I could have continued further, but this more than satisfies my needs.

Airdata reports the flight signal strength at 100% throughout - not sure quite how that's measured, but no signal warnings shown.

@Lespaxvera ,while i accept that you are entitled to have an opinion, that may differ from other members ,please make sure you can back up your comments with actual facts ,
i can assume from your post ,that you will not be getting one anytime soon
Thank you.
I tried to fly mini3 for about 15.minutes, lost connection after 460 m in open field and returned it to DJI dealership next day.
In my opinion it is overpriced and underperforming quadcopter. Talked to other owners and they are of the same opinion.
Never had this problem with my Mavic Air or Mavic 2 zoom.
I think the only reason to buy this quadcopter is to avoid getting proper pilot licence and avoid registration.
Have a good day and safe flying.

Reactions: Beet
Ok so I just factory reset the RC remote, repaired it with the drone and went out for a quick 15 min test flight

I dont know if it's placebo but the signal seemed a lot healthier this time around....

I was able to get as low as 15m in a park about 300-400m away with multiple houses, some trees and even some ground (park is below ground level) without any signal loss whatsoever so Idk what the reset did but it may have done something

Will do more tests later tonight if possible and tomorrow to confirm

Ok so I just factory reset the RC remote, repaired it with the drone and went out for a quick 15 min test flight

I dont know if it's placebo but the signal seemed a lot healthier this time around....

I was able to get as low as 15m in a park about 300-400m away with multiple houses, some trees and even some ground (park is below ground level) without any signal loss whatsoever so Idk what the reset did but it may have done something

Will do more tests later tonight if possible and tomorrow to confirm
That's good news!!! I am pretty sure that must range problem are linked to the problem that we were talking above.. Look like the RC software was stuck on 2.4 Ghz

Reactions: Torque
I've been having one signal loss in the vincinity of an urban area where I started from a park. The park is surrounded by high trees, where I started pretty close and as the angle got flatter while flying away, you could see it drop rapidly (kind of provoked).

In about 100 metres height and 400 m away the signal was lost.
I then walked more into the middle of the ground and established VLOS again. You had to angle the RC to it and the signal bars were rising.

All in all, pretty understandable, the signal does not penetrate objects like foliage ad infinitum and the alignment of the RC and the drone (camera facing to you means weaker signal) is not to forget about.

I am sure with the external antennae you had more of a visual guide line where to point whereas now the RC without can easily be "distracted".

I have the feeling my old SC was a bit stronger but nothing I would really complain or worry about.

@Lespaxvera ,15 minutes ,wow that was quick ,to come to a final decision about the Mini 3
still your loss is someone else's gain, there hasn't been a new drone release yet ,that has not had a few glitches along the way ,and with regards to your reasons for buying the Mini 3 ,they may be true in your neck of the woods,but here in the UK the advantages of the sub 250g class of drone,are much more far reaching ,than supposedly avoiding legislation
you have a good day as well
OMM

@Lespaxvera ,15 minutes ,wow that was quick ,to come to a final decision about the Mini 3
still your loss is someone else's gain, there hasn't been a new drone release yet ,that has not had a few glitches along the way ,and with regards to your reasons for buying the Mini 3 ,they may be true in your neck of the woods,but here in the UK the advantages of the sub 250g class of drone,are much more far reaching ,than supposedly avoiding legislation
you have a good day as well
OMM
Haha. Never had any problems with my other DJI quadcopters, and I wish owners of Mini3 wil get all problems resolved ASAP.

Reactions: Hauptmann and Beet
Ok I did another quick 15 min test just now and I'm baffled... I dont know how a factory reset and then updating to the same firmware would change anything

But I flew around in my neighborhood which has LOTS of houses and interference, and I was able to fly with no problems, up to almost 700m away, I lost a bar or two in some places sure, but those places were behind a hill and dozens of houses, trees etc

Will need to do more testing especially at areas I'd had trouble before but it seems to be much better than before

I guess if you have signal issues, try a factory reset of the RC remote and see if it helps, seems to have helped me a bit

Last edited:
i share my range test , did it in Fcc mod since CE always being garbage to fly with comfort ,

nice video Alx

I'm curious, did you use the standard or plus battery? To cover nearly 7KM/4-miles and still have over 45% of the battery is impressive

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Ok I did another quick 15 min test just now and I'm baffled... I dont know how a factory reset and then updating to the same firmware would change anything

But I flew around in my neighborhood which has LOTS of houses and interference, and I was able to fly with no problems, up to almost 700m away, I lost a bar or two in some places sure, but those places were behind a hill and dozens of houses, trees etc

Will need to do more testing especially at areas I'd had trouble before but it seems to be much better than before

I guess if you have signal issues, try a factory reset of the RC remote and see if it helps, seems to have helped me a bit
How do you factory reset the RC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman