DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro range? What's your experience been like?

Certainly isnt what all people are saying. Some yes but not others.

(and i stand by the claim most youtube channels are just over sensationalised click-bait).
There maybe an issue with the drone, maybe an issue with the RC or maybe none. Or both.
Really isn't enough data yet to show either.
I mean in my opinion it seems enough people are experiencing issues that it is an issue

Reactions: Flashheart
In your opinion thats fine.
Doesn't mean there is or isn't an issue though.
Could be right, could be totally incorrect.

And if there is a problem nobody knows if its RC, drone or both (or neither).

Absolutely nobody is testing this in any sort of valid or methodical way yet.

Reactions: Beet
In your opinion thats fine.
Doesn't mean there is or isn't an issue though.
Could be right, could be totally incorrect.

And if there is a problem nobody knows if its RC, drone or both (or neither).

Absolutely nobody is testing this in any sort of valid or methodical way yet.
I don't understand what you're getting at?

"There could be a problem, there could also not be a problem"

No (Mod Removed Language)Sherlock thanks for the observation lol

Real world experience is not proof enough for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Real world experience is not proof enough for you?
Real world experience of an absolutely tiny self-selecting sample set who even in that massively unreliable group aren't actually doing any sort of methodical or controlled test you mean.

No that's not proof. Its heresay.

Tiny self-selecting samples aren't useful for anything at all.

• Love
Reactions: Beet
This is an excellent point.

People reporting low range problems should specify whether they took it all the way to low signal RTH, or whether they stopped of their own volition as a result of seeing a Signal Strength indication that they didn't like.

When I first started flying Minis, I'd turn around if the Signal Strength indication dropped to 3 bars. But I gradually realized there was a fair amount of controllable range beyond that point.

With the Mini-1 and -SE it's been a little different. I've seen them pop into low signal RTH when I had 4 or 5 bars showing on the Signal Strength indicator.

Thx!

I can report that I have had zero range issues whatsoever. I realize that this is not the case for everyone. I honestly think that there was a bad batch of "something."

There are too many reports of great vs, poor reception.

I ran out of electrons before I ran out of feet.

I've experienced different signal strength (mostly drop of a bar) related of how the drone faces the RC. If the front faces towards you, it will mostly be weaker.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Not sensationalized, check this video (it's mine)

This my flying the drone no further than 500m away and constantly dropping signal and even having a disconnect. I even fly to where I'm standing to show how far it is (it's not far at all)

The point is, thje signal is just not reliable unless you're standing right under it, and at that point you're better off just taking pictures with a DSLR or something or maybe even just have a cheaper drone with 90% of the quality, aka the mini 2
This part doesnt look right to me, it should be on dual band:
1655065563264.png
It should be showing "Dual Bang, 2.4Ghz, 5.8Ghz" up top. Notice how manual is also greyed out?

It should look more like the 2nd screenshot:

1655066851646.png

If the drone isnt selecting the right frequency and in turn correct power level due to this bug, it may explain some of the limited range people are finding on their drones.

View attachment 149982
It should be showing "Dual Bang, 2.4Ghz, 5.8Ghz" up top. Notice how manual is also greyed out?

View attachment 149986

If the drone isnt selecting the right frequency and in turn correct power level due to this bug, it may explain some of the limited range people are finding on their drones.
I'm pretty sure it did show that I had just scrolled down. Will double check later

I'm pretty sure it did show that I had just scrolled down. Will double check later
In my screenshot I'm already scrolled down, so that Dual Band UI element up top should be in view at all times..

In my case to resolve, I had to switch temporarily from DJI RC to RC-N1 with the phone, validate it switched and back to DJI RC get it working properly.

Reactions: Torque
View attachment 149982

View attachment 149986

Hey man! I had the same setting like in your first picture.. I Reset the RC to factory setting and now my config is the same as your second picture

How do you do that?
Swipe from down to bring the overlay, then click the little settings icon in the top right. Then
Settings -> System -> Reset Options -> Erase All Data (Factory Reset)

Didn't try that on mine but I suspect it might fix the issue also.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Swipe from down to bring the overlay, then click the little settings icon in the top right. Then
Settings -> System -> Reset Options -> Erase All Data (Factory Reset)

Didn't try that on mine but I suspect it might fix the issue also.
I did bind it with the old controller too.. Maybe that what fix it also.. I Just saw your second last reply

will doing a reset mess anything up or do I just log in to my DJI account and its all good to go again?

Just sharing my experience with first flight and having done the above posts, the drone performed perfectly, performance on par with the Mini 2, Mavic 2/3 etc Flew it to a point where I know the signal dies and it was maybe slightly even better give or take 100m. Frequency was set to dual band/auto, quad seems to prefer the 5.8Ghz band as its much less noisy.
Otherwise a very pleasant first flight, DJI RC is nice in the hand, not quite the heft of the Smart Controller but also its much cheaper. Keen to test its low-light performance next.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1