DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro range? What's your experience been like?

This is my 4th signal/range test, after the recent update if anyone's curious. Signal is still atrociously inconsistent even in wide open country fields

The first 3-4 minutes of the video are acceptable levels of signal loss, then it just ***** the bed. Multiple full disconnects between 4 and 6 minutes.

Also the compass is still off despite me pointing directly at the drone, and I even try to calibrate the RC at the start of the video.

With all the Mini 3 Pro signal issues I've been reading, decided to cancel my order. Really hope DJI can fix this with updates, It is an exceptional drone has so much potential. May reconsider reordering in the future, for now I can wait.

Skydio 2+ had range issues at the beginning, it's recent update solved the disconnects and actually increased range. I noticed this immediately, after the last update shifts to it's strongest band.

All the best everyone 🙂
Paul

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KLRSKIR

shadow3467 take the rc-n1 and wait dji to fix it , i always get minimum 2km ,( already take off in the middle of the city , worst spot and still manage to get it on mine in my city ) , you can also refund your drone and get the cheaper pack , job done.

If its a pain , refund ! your not married to that thing , skip it or fix it buddy , you are wasting your time for real.

Last edited:
With all the Mini 3 Pro signal issues I've been reading, decided to cancel my order. Really hope DJI can fix this with updates, It is an exceptional drone has so much potential. May reconsider recordering in the future, for now I can wait.

Skydio 2+ had range issues at the beginning, it's recent update solved the disconnects and actually increased range. I noticed this immediately, after the last update shifts to it's strongest band.

All the best everyone 🙂
Paul
Ditto, I cancelled mine last week as well, and I may try again if the reported issues die down. With Costco's generous return policy and great price, I decided to grab the Mini 2 and we will see if I feel the urge for the Mini 3 later on, when any bugs and issues for the Mini 3 Pro, have hopefully died down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Ditto, I cancelled mine last week as well, and I may try again if the reported issues die down. With Costco's generous return policy and great price, I decided to grab the Mini 2 and we will see if I feel the urge for the Mini 3 later on, when any bugs and issues for the Mini 3 Pro, have hopefully died down.
Does Costco ask any questions say if you decide to return the Mini 2 after 2 months?

40楼视频的4分50秒,你的无人机好像是在ce模式下?需要其他人确认下。

At the 4:50 of #40 video, you are likely to flying in CE. Needing check from others.

This seems to be plausible . . .

Be that as it may, and his findings do reflect mine also, if the user needs to go into the settings to fiddle around with transmission options on an RTF drone, then its already a fail IMO. It should be working first time out of the box, thats what RTF drones are meant to be.

Reactions: Ifti
Be that as it may, and his findings do reflect mine also, if the user needs to go into the settings to fiddle around with transmission options on an RTF drone, then its already a fail IMO. It should be working first time out of the box, thats what RTF drones are meant to be.
Point is not that 'this is fine'. A large part of fixing a problem is identifying the cause.

I'm still waiting for mine. I ordered from BB on 5-12-22, still no word. Range and this drone seem to be a problem in Canada. I may hold on to the unopened boxes when I receive them and wait until the last moment to make up my mind if range is a problem in the U/S.

Several more flights this weekend. Seems that I am constantly paying attention to signal bars based on this thread… zero range issues for me. Each flight I head back in before losing bars due to the range I am getting and that the distance is excessive for what is needed in real world intended usage.

In US, ordered May 10 at launch. FMC came one day after drone (2 weeks ago).

Very happy with this drone. My only real disappointment is lack of precision landing, but not a reason to refund and get something different.

@ufgatorvet the precision landing feature could be something thats added in future updates
but to be honest with you ,regardless of whether you are doing a RTH manually, or it is retuning for some other reason ,its a good idea to take control of the drone as it approaches the landing spot ,and then land it yourself ,it really helps with your stick control ,especially if it windy ,as you attempt to land it on the landing pad ,

I’m getting really solid flying out of mine, 3KM without even a bar drop if I keep the commensurate altitude reasonable. I did an agriculture job a few days ago and at about 500m had it up about 60’ feet off the deck and it was again, solid in terms of signal.

Yesterday I flew a job in our town amid buildings and all kinds of potential interference and it was perfect, it’s a hell of a nice flyer, smooth, easy and so small!

Hopefully firmware updates will sort out some of the other issues people are experiencing?

Point is not that 'this is fine'. A large part of fixing a problem is identifying the cause.
Yes but the onus shouldn't be on the user to fix or even identify even if its as simple as flicking the settings to a cleaner band, the technology should already be doing that, especially something as matured as Lightbridge/Ocusync.

So I lost my Mini 3 yesterday after it completely lost transmission at about 800m distance with clear LOS.

Here is the thread with details: Lost Mini 3

Sent a new search party out this morning and found the drone on the ground 10' from the last GPS coordinates. The drone was intact and powered up fine. Still had 38% battery. Not sure why it shut down.

Bottom line, 800m with clear line of sight and the drone lost signal... not great.

If I understand the YouTube vid on the sub it seems the ones that are having a problem with range has to do with the rc not switching automatically on the strongest frequency properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair