DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro RC Controller pull down menu question...

tbw

Reactions
Been looking at the pull down menu on my Mini 3 Pro RC Controller. I noticed on the wifi shortcut tab a number "4" in the upper right side of the tab. Would it be safe to assume that number indicates the signal strength of my wifi?

Been looking at the pull down menu on my Mini 3 Pro RC Controller. I noticed on the wifi shortcut tab a number "4" in the upper right side of the tab. Would it be safe to assume that number indicates the signal strength of my wifi?
No. This means it using Wi-Fi 4 (Wi-Fi n) Wi-Fi 4 uses 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. It can support 20 or 40 mhz channels (using channel bonding). (Think of channels as the width of the data stream, or the width of a canal..) this is not your signal strength nor is it your signal to noise ratio. It’s simply the wifi version you are using. I have my controller connected to my 5GZ wifi 6 router I’m using 80MHz channels but the controller is the slowest technology in the stack so it’s using the wifi 4 protocol. On my Pixel 4a spare phone it tells me that I am connected to wifi with a 6 number as subscript telling me my Pixel is negotiating a Wifi 6 protocol. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: Ridefreak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman