DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro RC-N1 controller S9 compatibility?

JDubyaM

Reactions
I'm leaning hard toward a Mini 3 Pro purchase, but can't find comments by anyone who has experience with my proposed setup. I have a Samsung S9 phone ( not a Note 9) and looking at the DJI website it states their download is compatible with the Note 9, but not the S9 phone. DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI. On the chance it might work, I downloaded the DJI Fly App on my S9 and it " seems" to be working, but not yet having a drone, I can't be sure. I'd prefer to not having to purchase the RC controller with the screen unless absolutely necessary. I'm not looking for advice on why the RC is better than the RC-N1, just wanting some real world experience from a Mini 3 Pro owner running a S9 phone with the RC-N1. Thanks!

I have used an S21 with the RC-N1 and it's great. What version of Android is the S9 using? That may be your only limiting factor. Highly doubt there are more than a handful of Mini3 users using ANY phone device at this time so the chance of finding a S9 user is probably pretty slim. I have a spare RC-N1 so I tried it but the S21 is a much faster, bigger, brighter device so comparisons aren't obviously valid.

I have used an S21 with the RC-N1 and it's great. What version of Android is the S9 using? That may be your only limiting factor. Highly doubt there are more than a handful of Mini3 users using ANY phone device at this time so the chance of finding a S9 user is probably pretty slim. I have a spare RC-N1 so I tried it but the S21 is a much faster, bigger, brighter device so comparisons aren't obviously valid.
My S9 is on Android version 10. Anyone out there using a S9 with the RC-N1?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman