DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Wet Suits : 30 Minutes in a Downpour

Hurricane Ian will likely be coming up the east coast of the USA later this week.

An opportunity for possibly epic pics & videos for the daring & adventurous?

I just hope all our members that live in the path stay safe and
dont have much damage. I suspect there will be helo’s all over
after it’s gone so be aware folks.
Now back on topic.
This new Mini 3Pro I just got after I get it dialed in and set up might
very we’ll have a suit. I’ve about tryed every thing else, why not 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Geared up and ready for the Rain , , we are loving the New Sun Roof as its a perfect ,, Safe Take off area . Will post video soon.

2022-10-08_19h02_46.png

Well send one to try our out 😉

Yes we do use the Firehouse strobe light for the Mavic 3 on the Mini 3 Pro and Use the wet suit compression band similar to this , notice the Band covers the one light on the strobe but were ok with that as its simple , secure and easy to switch where we need the light to go on the Mini 3 Pro . ,
2022-10-26_07h23_06.png
Will update a Mini 3 Pro pictures soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZippyDue
The Wet Suit protect the Props and can lock them in on both the top and bottom of the drone , its very quick and its a prop holder built in on both the top an bottom.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

2022-11-06_09h01_38.png

Last edited:
Trying to keep up with the Classic Mavic 3 , the Mini 3 Pro holds true in the Rain and wind but !! at night there is a clear winner .

The Mini 3 Pro turns the lighting off when recording at night and I forgot to charge the Aux Light , thus the Mini 3 was grounded do to recording blind over the Night Lake.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

2022-11-12_23h31_19.png

Less than 30 Ft away its going to completely be out of visual as it records so I will be flying blind with the lights of the car as its much darker than it looks on camera.

2022-11-13_00h38_17.png

2022-11-13_00h37_38.png

Thanks for all the feedback , comments and Pre orders. ;)

The New Mini 3 Wet Suits are shipping.
Phantomrain.org

Designed to Negotiate the Rain, with an effortless system in place to seal the drone weak spots using a Surge Tab System that stays on the drone when not engaged. Tabs are placed on top / bottom / front and back of the drone.

Forum Members will get the Twilight Package for $94.95 and you Get all # 3 Color Designs in your Package with # 3 Battery Covers and 3 Surge Tabs and 3 Power Button Seals.

Email me for the Mini 3 Twilight Package as it wont be on the Website.
[email protected]

Updated /
Flying the Mini 3 in sheets of Rain from the car.

View attachment 152542

View attachment 152993

View attachment 152985

View attachment 152990

View attachment 152991

View attachment 152992

View attachment 152986

View attachment 152987
Quick question. The usb-c and sd ports on the back... so you have to peal the wetsuit off every time you want to access those ports?

Quick question. The usb-c and sd ports on the back... so you have to peal the wetsuit off every time you want to access those ports?
No , each battery has its own Separate Battery Cover and Power Button Seal, you can decide if you want to cover 1 Battery or all 3 , Than each time you put the battery in you seal it air tight . and when I am in a hurry I just use the Compression band over the top of the Seal as well for with the light strapped on. Works really nice and its a quick,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
in some pictures i see strips in front and back of front arms and in some only in ”front”of front arms….whats the purpose,is it just for looks??

Attachments

• 49A82A14-C6B9-49BA-BD72-97469D45DEA2.jpeg
    49A82A14-C6B9-49BA-BD72-97469D45DEA2.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 9
The Leg Covers are Cosmetic, as you get 3 Pairs , you can choose to cover all or part of legs but back legs are always kept for the ID numbers Ect.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Skydreamer
The Leg Covers are Cosmetic, as you get 3 Pairs , you can choose to cover all or part of legs but back legs are always kept for the ID numbers Ect.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
tnx…btw,got my wet suit few weeks ago 👍

The Compression Band that comes with the Wet Suit works perfectly to secure the Firehouse light on the Mini 3 :

The Compression Bands sits down the middle of the Light leaving 4 Lights open. Much more secure than the Velcro tabs.

IMG20230118084025.jpg2023-01-18_08h51_43.png

Reactions: VikingwithDrones
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka