DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Wet Suits : 30 Minutes in a Downpour

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Thanks for all the feedback , comments and Pre orders. ;)

The New Mini 3 Wet Suits are shipping.
Phantomrain.org

Designed to Negotiate the Rain, with an effortless system in place to seal the drone weak spots using a Surge Tab System that stays on the drone when not engaged. Tabs are placed on top / bottom / front and back of the drone.

Forum Members will get the Twilight Package for $94.95 and you Get all # 3 Color Designs in your Package with # 3 Battery Covers and 3 Surge Tabs and 3 Power Button Seals.

Email me for the Mini 3 Twilight Package as it wont be on the Website.
[email protected]

Updated /
Flying the Mini 3 in sheets of Rain from the car.

2022-07-29_16h53_44.png

2022-08-07_12h20_21.png

2022-08-07_11h44_12.png

View attachment IMG20220806154944_01.jpg

2022-08-07_11h58_38.png

IMG20220806145036.jpg

2022-08-07_11h52_24.png

2022-08-07_11h01_18.png

Last edited:
Like it folks or give your opinion but Do not trolll this thread or I will
deal with it. Comment but do not troll.

Not to be negative but just to better understand. The top of the motors are still exposed. I would be conserned that water getting into them would be a problem. Am I missing something?

Not to be negative but just to better understand. The top of the motors are still exposed. I would be conserned that water getting into them would be a problem. Am I missing something?
The Motors are Aluminum Brush-Less , so there designed to run under water and are the same Motors used in the RC Submersibles.

The Motors have been a Non issue for years going back to the Phantom 3.

Thus the Wet Suit addresses the Weak Links in the Drones ability to fly mainly the the Power Button / Sensors / Redirecting Air Flow and of course the Battery. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
The Motors are Aluminum Brush-Less , so there designed to run under water and are the same Motors used in the RC Submersibles. We haven never had a motor failure in the rain on any of the Drones in the DJI fleet in the last 4 years including the Phantom 4 pro .
And there are posts on this forum (and others) about people flying without wet suits. Never heard of motors failing in those cases either. While not something DJI recommends, it seems like a non issue.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes, the Motors have been a Non Issue for a long time going back to the Phantom 3 that we had running under the water as well as the Phantom 4. DJI seems to have some really nice Water Proof Motors.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.

Working on & around the water most of my life, I'd be interested in seeing other detailed views of what is covered & how.

As warm as it's been lately, I'd be concerned with the cooling vents possibly being restricted or covered.

My M3P seems to get quite warm during flight & after landing. I take the battery out & let it cool before charging; I also let the unit cool before sticking in another battery.

I'm also curious as to how you managed to protect the sensors while not obstructing them, & keeping water out while not obstructing the cooling?

Reactions: Octisurfer
The Vents are not blocked but we do Redirect Air Flow as we have done with all the drones, thus see Phantomrain.org

The Mini 3 Pro Wet Suit Uses at Surge Tab System that allows you to Place the added Protection when needed , thus allowing plenty of Air Flow on all flights.

The Sensors on the Mini 3 Pro have not been an issue in the Rain , unlike the Sensors on the Mini 2 which needed a lot of Protection. This is why Each drone is Submerged to find the weak link,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.,

Last edited:
Depending where you fly the Rescue Red can Really Pop , heading out into the Dark clouds looming in.
The Surge Tab is placed behind the Gimbal ready for action. Surge Tabs can be placed on the Front and bottom of the drone as well as the back . Tabs allow you to increase the amount of Protection as you need it .

2022-08-07_10h38_07.png

2022-08-07_11h01_18.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 in the Rain.

Last edited:
Updated : Flight in the Rain from the Car.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Have you ever tried applying Rain-X on your windshield, & on the lens of the visual sensors & camera?

While I've never flown in the rain, I do know from experience that Rain-X makes the raindrops just roll off the windshield glass so well that I hardly even need the wipers. I can imagine that it would do the same for the sensors & camera.

Just a thought.

Have you ever tried applying Rain-X on your windshield, & on the lens of the visual sensors & camera?

While I've never flown in the rain, I do know from experience that Rain-X makes the raindrops just roll off the windshield glass so well that I hardly even need the wipers. I can imagine that it would do the same for the sensors & camera.

Just a thought.
Rain X is a great product , and if we felt the DJI lens needed it we would adapt it but so far the Lens in the Rain has not really ever been an issue, but I may use it my Car soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. land on the Water.

Reactions: BroomRider
This was as close as I got before I started feeling the 1st few raindrops, then I brought it back home. No need to tempt the wrath of the Weather or Warranty Gods so early into my owning the M3P! Besides, I have no covered area from which to fly & I worried about the RC Controller too.
DJI_0018.JPG

This was as close as I got before I started feeling the 1st few raindrops, then I brought it back home. No need to tempt the wrath of the Weather or Warranty Gods so early into my owning the M3P! Besides, I have no covered area from which to fly & I worried about the RC Controller too.
View attachment 153652

Almost all of the flights we take in the storms have a shelter to protect the RC Pro and many of those flights are flown from the Car. The RC PRO can Handle Water better than than the RC Controller with your phone so be sure to take cover.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water .

Last edited:

Just a thought.
I am always amazed that I never have to clean the lens after a flight in the rain, or over the lake splash. So Rain X has never been really needed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 3 Pro in the Rain.

Well , got from a Mini 3 Client , and Im excited for the next Storm as I journal in.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Take notes.

2022-09-18_20h57_56.pngT

Got this gift in the Mail

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members