DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pro Wet Suits : 30 Minutes in a Downpour

No , each battery has its own Separate Battery Cover and Power Button Seal, you can decide if you want to cover 1 Battery or all 3 , Than each time you put the battery in you seal it air tight . and when I am in a hurry I just use the Compression band over the top of the Seal as well for with the light strapped on. Works really nice and its a quick,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I was interested in the red suit, but the one concern is heat. I know this little bird doesn't have cooling fans, and well, I live in the high desert of Oregon. It gets 110 deg at times. I had the wetsuit on my air2s and went flying it in 110 deg weather and the heat affected the stickiness of the skin. I no longer own that drone, but will again someday soon. The Air2S is a much better drone than the mini 3 pro IMO. Apples and Oranges though.
Like I said. heat and airflow is my only concern with skinning the mini 3 pro

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Overheating was a concern , thus the reason for the Tab Based System so you can remove it each time you fly if flying thru high temps.

The real problem is that even a 1 minute down pour without the Wet Suit is going to Toast your Mini 3 ESC an Burn out the Sensors. Its that bad in the Rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: dirkclod
You can see the Tab System we use on the Mini 3 Series:

We use a Different 3M adhesive on the Tabs so they stick nicely on the Neoprene , you can carry the Tabs on the Bottom or the top of the drone.

Its nice having it ready to go at a moments notice.
They slip right in under the Gimbal.

2023-01-19_15h14_53.png

Reactions: dirkclod
know that would look good in red on my mini 3 😛
My M2P I’m not goona fiy in the rain.

Thanks for Sharing

@Phantomrain.org - Got my kit today, and it applied quite easily to the M3P. Given how small these drones are, I really have to commend your precision as each piece of the kit is very precise. Thank you for adding some color to the drone, as well as helping me be ready for the rain.

• Love
This is awesome. Been doing lots of snow tests and I could really use this!

Is the Twilight Package still available for the discount for forum members? I have sent an email as well as the Online chat on the website but have not heard anything back.

Thank you!

Edit: I just heard from him and the option is still available! Ordered!

Last edited:
Is the Twilight Package still available for the discount for forum members? I have sent an email as well as the Online chat on the website but have not heard anything back.

Thank you!

Edit: I just heard from him and the option is still available! Ordered!
The Twilight package puts you in the position of deciding what color to roll with. Nice to have all options in one package. I think you are going to like it. I have been pleased by it. I did get one day of rain (the day it was delivered) and my short flight was a confidence booster that it deflects water from the important places.

2023-02-11_06h39_39.png
Thank you .
The Twilight Package offered only to the Forum Members comes with # 3 Color Designs in the Package. Black : Rescue Red: Neon blue : You can also ask for Neon Green or Lunar Purple.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

When it comes to some of the Design concepts for the Wet Suit

The first method is to simply cover the area , this is always followed up by a water proof 3m adhesive , which is than followed up Compression or Pressure on the area, this has proven to be a fantastic way to Negotiate Rain / Snow and creates an almost air tight seal. Because I fly with these products in the Rain , they have to be very easy to use and everything has to have its own place.

Each Battery gets its own Cover and the Forum Members get # 3 of them with there order ,
and the # 3 Extra Color Designs or one Full color package.

2022-10-26_07h29_59.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water,

Reactions: Jug's Life
Keep in mind I lost an Air 2 not more than 25 ft from my house and still cannot find it. It was of course Black and I was flying at night an pushed the battery on a hover postion. All the Tech could not help me find it. But look how Rescue Red cannot hide.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

IMG20220806145036.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42