DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 sd card issue

Prt60

Reactions
Hi All,
I am hoping someone can please assist.

I just opened my new mini 3 pro this morning and i am trying to insert the sd card in the drone and it won’t go in straight or in fact at all. I have the card face up so bottom of the card is to the bottom of the drone. Has anyone come across this issue or can anyone offer any advice please. Cheers Pete

Last edited:
Yes ,it's a royal pain in the bottom compared to the Mini 2.

The card goes in with the label side down and the gold contacts up. It seems that you have to push it in past the plastic shell of the drone and then lift it up a bit. To install it, I've finally found that it's easiest to use my forefinger and reach in from the top (fingernail down), lifting the back edge of the card as it clears the case. For removing the card, it's the opposite. Reach in from the bottom (fingernail up( and press down a bit to let the card pop out.

I think there's a problem with the position of the card slot relative to the case - too far in.

The card contacts face up towards the top of the drone.

That may well be a solution that we need to adopt,

But, it's downright absurd that a special tool would be required for something as simple as inserting and removing a microSD card. The $50 drone I bought three years ago has a card slot that's perfectly accessible and usable. Without a lot of effort or a dedicated tool. Shame on you, DJI.

Yes ,it's a royal pain in the bottom compared to the Mini 2.

The card goes in with the label side down and the gold contacts up. It seems that you have to push it in past the plastic shell of the drone and then lift it up a bit. To install it, I've finally found that it's easiest to use my forefinger and reach in from the top (fingernail down), lifting the back edge of the card as it clears the case. For removing the card, it's the opposite. Reach in from the bottom (fingernail up( and press down a bit to let the card pop out.

I think there's a problem with the position of the card slot relative to the case - too far in.
Thanks so much. I did think that but watched three different YouTube’s which stated card top up. Clearly they were misleading. All good now thanks again. Cheers

Wowee obviously a design oversight.

For some reason, all these little microSD cards seem to go in that way, it's the same as my dashcams . . . you look at these things and think the logical insertion way is contacts facing the main area of the device, be it a drone or dashcam etc.
After all, computer SD and SD adapters for microSD cards go the 'logical' way.

Did you get it in the 'right' way ok ?
(edit - I think you did reading post #5.)

yes all good now thanks mate. Just seemed strange that 3 YouTubers showed it inserted face up. Oh well alls well hey. Cheers

Nothing new the card on the MPP goes in contacts up
its just a mirror image of the MM and i believe the Mini 2
the slot is at the bottom under the battery door on those models and the card goes in contacts down ,with the Mini 3 its easier to insert /remove the card with out the battery in the drone

Reactions: bcfd29
Hi All,
I am hoping someone can please assist.

I just opened my new mini 3 pro this morning and i am trying to insert the sd card in the drone and it won’t go in straight or in fact at all. I have the card face up so bottom of the card is to the bottom of the drone. Has anyone come across this issue or can anyone offer any advice please. Cheers Pete
Hello. Not sure if you got your answer to this yet. But this has been a topic several times on this forum. I too received my new mini 3pro about 3 weeks ago now. I fumbled with the SD card issue as well. It turns out the SD card needs to be recessed a bit more than you think. My wife tried her finger nail with no luck as well. So to make this short, yes it’s a minor issue, but use the edge of a credit card to insert and lock it in. Once the card is fully recessed it will “ click” and lock in. The same thing applies for removal. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Prt60
Hello. Not sure if you got your answer to this yet. But this has been a topic several times on this forum. I too received my new mini 3pro about 3 weeks ago now. I fumbled with the SD card issue as well. It turns out the SD card needs to be recessed a bit more than you think. My wife tried her finger nail with no luck as well. So to make this short, yes it’s a minor issue, but use the edge of a credit card to insert and lock it in. Once the card is fully recessed it will “ click” and lock in. The same thing applies for removal. I hope this helps you.
Hey, could I borrow your credit card and give it a try? I only take VISA 💳 😂

Reactions: IT-Junkie
After my first flight I went to the drug store and bout tweezers for $3.00, no problems since then.

Reactions: Prt60
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan