DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro Waypoint created offline. Make sure your OA is ON!

JimSteadman

Reactions
I created a waypoint mission using the controller at home with the drone not connected. Make sure you have the map displayed as large as possible on the controller and keep your OA on when flying the route. The OA does work, but don't take the chance of flying without it enabled. The course, I thought, would take me over the tall ship moored behind the library and then around the front. I forgot about the abandoned chimney...

Thanks for sharing. A good lesson learned without being expensive. It certainly gets your attention.

Reactions: RodPad
Close call

Looks like it was set to brake and not bypass.

I created a waypoint mission using the controller at home with the drone not connected. Make sure you have the map displayed as large as possible on the controller and keep your OA on when flying the route. The OA does work, but don't take the chance of flying without it enabled. The course, I thought, would take me over the tall ship moored behind the library and then around the front. I forgot about the abandoned chimney...
I haven’t played with Waypoints much yet. I have a Mavic three. For some reason, I thought that obstacle avoidance wasn’t available on waypoint missions, looks like I’m wrong, and that’s a good thing…
Glad it worked for you!

LOL, I started enjoying the footage and forgot the post, and then got all nervous as you were approaching that tower!! Hey quick question, we've seen a ton of posts about what editing software to use for the new drone owner. Based on the domain where you posted-- clipchamp.com-- I'm assuming you're using the free windows video editor Clipchamp, available with Windows 10, and I believe installed with window 11. Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Phew! Well caught in time though!

Did the OA system make the yaw to the left and allow the waypoint flight to proceed? Or did the drone stop and you manually steered around the obstacle?

I've seen one report that the OA system will not bypass obstacles during waypoint flights, but only stop and discontinue the waypoint flight.

I was under to impression that oa is always on when you fly a waypoint mission. Haven't really checked it. But it would be stupid to turn it off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13