DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 5 Pro--getting tired of waiting

4 inch pistons

Reactions
I have been hearing about this for a while. About ready to give up and get the Mini 4, but just in case.......

Really getting tired of the click bait on YouTube where they promise a new model coming and show pictures and pre-recorded video of the same shots over and over. Other than those same videos, has anybody heard anything? They also were talking about the Air 3 and looks like that is legit with the FCC filing.

<250g DJI drones tend to be released yearly, but they reached the point of diminishing returns with the Mini 3 Pro.

Whenever the Mini 5 comes out it won't do anything that the 3 or the 4 can't.

When tech reaches the point of diminishing returns, there's no point in waiting anymore. I changed my Canon 6D for a Canon R6 (10 years appart or so) and you can't see any difference even pixel peeping. You need to force the shadows up on the DNGs to see anything different and even then the differences are negligible if you want to print 20x25 or even worst, if you want to publish it online.

R5 vs the recent R5Mk II... two drops of water, it's completely impossible to tell the difference.

What has improved in the later years in hand held photography is the autofocus; the AF to the eye is God.

Drones are on the same league now, The Mavic 4 won't be much of a change compared to the current M3.

I'm "waiting" for the M4 because I already have an M3 that I fly every day, but if you don't have a drone just pick the Mini 4, the Mini 3, the Mini 2 4K or however it is called now, or even the Neo, there are plenty of drones to choose.

Last edited:
The newest model does not mean the best. Aas someone who flys more than he takes photos I will say the Original Mavic is still the most fun flyer, Sure the new stuff may have some slight tweeks here and there BUT Its all in how you use them. The MINI 2 is STILL the best MINI for flight and DJI is up to the MINI 4 now. Buy a Drone that will get the job done and Don't sweat the "new" features you probably won't notice much anyway.

They also were talking about the Air 3 and looks like that is legit with the FCC filing
I posted the FCC filing here:

Really getting tired of the click bait on YouTube where they promise a new model coming and show pictures and pre-recorded video of the same shots over and over. Other than those same videos, has anybody heard anything?
No word on anything new yet.

You do realize that there‘s a mass influx of AI generated video, whole channels on youtube with no person whatsoever behind them?
They promise %insert future drone model% features which are made out of thin air

Don‘t feed the bots with your views.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokidog