DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini alert in flight: 'Propellers spinning too fast. Return to Home immediately' .... Huh?

Usually that would indicate a missing prop.

Could be an up/down draft that "helped" the prop spin.

Once I panicked for a sec when my M2 (or maybe P3) claimed loose prop/prop obstruction while over water. I quickly realized it was a false alarm since FPV showed perfect flight. It was quite a bit breezy that day. I suspect winds affected motor effort but not function.

Lots of info on Youtube. Search "mavic mini propeller spinning too fast". Basically you just need to replace the problemetic props indicated by the beeping motor(s)

+1 for @GerdS suggestion that the rear prop blades are a bit distorted. This causes them to work less efficiently and need to spin faster as a result.

Anyone know what that's about? Up 150' and I was over water, no breeze at all, but I did bring it back close to inspect it but all seemed fine so sent it back on its merry way. Just fine.
Strange one. Responses appreciated.
View attachment 114389
My comment is Off topic, because this topic has been answered by the early birds.
This is the most spectacular photo in all history. That's really God's country !!! I can picture it in my mind without smog, from 50 years ago before our population more than doubled.

Reactions: Cliff1028
My comment is Off topic, because this topic has been answered by the early birds.
This is the most spectacular photo in all history. That's really God's country !!! I can picture it in my mind without smog, from 50 years ago before our population more than doubled.
Reference 'smog' .... Actually smoke of those fires in California having blown in says weatherman. Smoke you're seeing in the distance is near Whistler area ...some 60+ miles north of the 49th Parallel (the US/Canada Border). A week prior to this we here in BC's Lower Mainland couldn't see one kilometer and had the world's worst air quality ..for an entire week and all from WA, Ore, Calif. to the south of us. Not good drone-flying then for sure! The California fires continuing to rage with Cdn firefighters gone down there to lend a hand...

Attachments

• WestCoast Forest Fires_Sept 2020.jpg
    WestCoast Forest Fires_Sept 2020.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
Reference 'smog' .... Actually smoke of those fires in California having blown in says weatherman. Smoke you're seeing in the distance is near Whistler area ...some 60+ miles north of the 49th Parallel (the US/Canada Border). A week prior to this we here in BC's Lower Mainland couldn't see one kilometer and had the world's worst air quality ..for an entire week and all from WA, Ore, Calif. to the south of us. Not good drone-flying then for sure! The California fires continuing to rage with Cdn firefighters gone down there to lend a hand...
Back on topic please. Lots of threads on the tragedies in California to comment in

Reactions: Bill_H
So could it be possible to upgrade from the old stock motors on a mavic mini to say like some race motors that are usually on the F.p.v. drones?? N has anyone done this and is on this page can u tell me if possible and how it turned out

So could it be possible to upgrade from the old stock motors on a mavic mini to say like some race motors that are usually on the F.p.v. drones?? N has anyone done this and is on this page can u tell me if possible and how it turned out
Perhaps post a new thread in the appropriate section of the forum so the right people will see it rather than tagging your question onto a discussion about motor overspeed warnings from last year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre