DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini and Anafi anyone got both?

I have not experienced this behavior with my mini, and those videos are unavailable to me.
It's more cases like that on this forum that I've helped out to explain ... the angles from DJI specs pretty much explain why it happens. You get similar jumps if pointing camera straight down -90 degrees & going backwards with the Mini (& Air).

This vid is still up from the same thread ...

And 2 more ...

Last edited:
Reading the Mavic Mini instruction’s it says to land with 30% left. So that’s 21m and that’s in ideal situation. Definitely better than Air.

I know you can swap easy enough but it means flying back, swap, checks again when a longer flight you could catch more.

its,not really fair to call the MM a toy it may have small dimensions but it has capability way beyond a toy drone
and if used in an appropriate manner it is a very capable flying camera
its biggest downside is its weight in an effort to keep weight to a minimum some of its functions have been compromised
it fills a niche market as it avoids some of the requirements for drone registration but at a price
Why is it not fair ? A Harley and Corvette are toys.
I know you only play with yours - so how is it not a toy?

Reading the Mavic Mini instruction’s it says to land with 30% left. So that’s 21m and that’s in ideal situation. Definitely better than Air.

I know you can swap easy enough but it means flying back, swap, checks again when a longer flight you could catch more.

The thing is.... you might get a bit less flying time with the Air, but it won’t get blown away by a stiff breeze.

I’m also in the UK, and do a lot of coastal flights - and there’s absolutely no way I’d use a Mini out there At more than forty feet. This island of ours is generally windy anyway, but on the coast the winds are fairly prevalent and quick to change.
Plus, the Air is considerably better at everything else.

Reactions: ssvdh66 and slup
Wondering if anyone has a Mavic Mini as well as Anafi.

Wondering what you think of them both - equal, better one way or other?

I’m deciding on one, I know more in here will say Mini but wondered if anyone has both and can comment.

It’s for general personal use, nothing fancy, flying over coast mainly. Had a Bebop 2 but finding the video quality a bit poor now comparing to other drones. I know Anafi is 4K but the Mini 2.7K is massive step up and expect be enough.

Thanks
FWIW The Anafi got terrible reviews - the camera is not so good nor id the flying.

Wondering if anyone has a Mavic Mini as well as Anafi.

Wondering what you think of them both - equal, better one way or other?

I’m deciding on one, I know more in here will say Mini but wondered if anyone has both and can comment.

It’s for general personal use, nothing fancy, flying over coast mainly. Had a Bebop 2 but finding the video quality a bit poor now comparing to other drones. I know Anafi is 4K but the Mini 2.7K is massive step up and expect be enough.

Thanks

I started with an Anafi , quite nice and good camera. Then it started misbehaving, just shot up to max height and crashed a couple of times. Got a refund from supplier after threats using Visa, and bought Mavic Platinum. Never looked back. I have damaged it a couple of times and got new ones through refresh. I will not get a mini, the Plat is in a different class to Anafi. Amazing drone.

I have a Mavic Pro and I'm not sure why the camera is drawing some complaints. Don't have an Anafi yet but picking one up this month for the upward looking camera. There are many reviews of the Anafi on YouTube. While it lacks obstacle avoidance it does have 2x zoom. You should post the same question on an Anafi site. Also, the Anafi can be found for $499 online now.

I started with an Anafi , quite nice and good camera. Then it started misbehaving, just shot up to max height and crashed a couple of times. Got a refund from supplier after threats using Visa, and bought Mavic Platinum. Never looked back. I have damaged it a couple of times and got new ones through refresh. I will not get a mini, the Plat is in a different class to Anafi. Amazing drone.
Great videos

I’d probably agree, but to me the Mavic Pro is in a different category, it’s a lot lot more expensive.

I was looking at Anafi and MM, but looking at what you get for the price in a fly more compared to Anafi, MM seems to win, price wise anyway.

Last edited:
Two other things to keep in mind is what wind conditions they both could fly in and accessories. I believe the Anafi can handle stronger winds but doesn't have much third party support. Just food for thought.

Two other things to keep in mind is what wind conditions they both could fly in and accessories. I believe the Anafi can handle stronger winds but doesn't have much third party support. Just food for thought.

I thought the Anafi was powerful and light. It is a shame that such a potential product is let down by support. But the bottom line for me was it was unstable and crashed. Plat is solid so far.

I agree that my Pro is a solid flier, but the OP was comparing it to the MM. And every week I see posts about MM issues. Of course the MM is the drone de jour. And it's hard to find any new Mavic for $500. But the third party support for DJI products is second to none. Also, I'm not sure if the autonomous flight options for the Mini. Most of my flights are for photogrammetry.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Great videos

I’d probably agree, but to me the Mavic Pro is in a different category, it’s a lot lot more expensive.

I was looking at Anafi and MM, but looking at what you get for the price in a fly more compared to Anafi, MM seems to win, price wise anyway.

You can get a Pro for not a great deal more if you don’t mind refurbished.

Ive been flying drones a relatively long time, and I wouldn’t trust a Mini on the coast here.

Reactions: AirShark
Agree completely. I fly on the coast of New England and my flying time with a Mini would be very limited. Had some close calls with my Mavic and Typhoon but have always been able to reduce altitude find stable air and return. The extra power is nice to have on retainer.

I currently own an Anafi Thermal, Anafi and Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom). At work I get to fly a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual (Thermal), and an Autel Evo.

The Anafi is a great little drone. I have flown it in 15 to 20 mph winds and it will get buffeted around it will put up a fight. The reviews in my opinion were negative because it was very unpolished upon release. I am not a photography expert, but to me the pictures are fine. I have 12 hours on the thermal and 10 on the regular and have yet to have any problem. If you have any question on the Anafi visit the sister Anafi/Parrot forum and read the reviews, problems and video and pictures segments and make your own opinion on their quality. There is no geofencing, I fly it where I want (Legal areas). It has a limited range, but its a small drone and for me anything past a 1/4 mile you cannot see it. It has plenty of smart flying modes, support from Pix4D for mapping and the unique ability to go zenith with the camera. I have plenty of 19 to 22 minute flights logged. Most people laugh at it and call it a toy, but then are really impressed with its outputs whether it be 4K video, 21 MP pictures or the pretty good maps and 3D models it makes. And the digital zoom is icing on the cake too. I have read about terrible customer service, but have yet had to deal with it since my aircraft are both working great.

Reactions: AirShark
Just as an FYI Pix4D doesn't come with the standard Anafi system. Great info and everything I had heard. Actually forgot about the 21MP camera.

Just as an FYI Pix4D doesn't come with the standard Anafi system. Great info and everything I had heard. Actually forgot about the 21MP camera.
Pix4D Capture is free and can be downloaded for both iOS and Android. Pix4D Model comes with the Anafi Work and Pix4D Mapper is a very expensive piece of photogrammetry software whether you buy it out right or as a subscription.
The good news is that you can use Pix4D Capture to collect your data, and then process using Maps Made Easy (Pay as you go or free for very small maps), OpenDrone Map (Free? - Never used it), or if any of the numerous photogrammetry softwares out there.

I have both Anafi and Mini. Anafi is the better drone. Way more features. Way better in the wind. More portable as it can be flown by phone only if you want. FPV, Follow me and Plight Plans without purchasing Litchi. Camera shoots straight up. Quieter. More camera control. Zoom.

With that said, if you absolutely wanted to stay within the DJI platform, are being price minded and don't care THAT much about a 3 axis versus 2 axis gimbal, you can consider a DJI Spark if you can find one. You will need to purchase Litchi to get the most of the same functionality that the Anafi will give you, but the Spark is an absolute tank with some obstacle avoidance support.

The Mini is a fun flier and you can grab some great video. It can be convenient and, if you live in Canada, the fact that it weighs 249g might be of particular importance (in the US, registering a drone just isn't that big of a deal). Unfortunately, it is so neutered feature wise that it just doesn't compare to the Anafi or the Spark as far a features go. If the Mini were my only drone, I would feel pretty handcuffed and there isn't much room to grow in terms of pilot skill development as you master the features of the drone. Perhaps DJI will add features and functionality with time. I have several other drones so I can wait for that possibility but if it were my one and only, I'd be looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
I have both and i always use my Anafi over the MM.....its just a better drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78