DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini ipad 4 assistance please

FL1H1

Reactions
Forget the first bit, found that.

Second bit ill leave, apps, I've got no fly drone and PolarPro, any others that might be useful? Yeah, got DJI Go 4, that's up and running. Rain has finally stopped if only for tonight and Sunday. Wish someone would invent an app that controlled the weather

Also I get a good few hot air balloons round my way, to my mind they have right of way being less manoeuvrable, bit like ships to my mind. Is it OK to film them from, well, this is the question really, how far?? 100?200 ft? They take off near me, so might get to ask the owners how they feel, just a little wary of them as they often fly low

Last edited:
Click "Settings" on the Home Screen, click "Wi-Fi" (below Airplane Mode, left hand column) it will then search available networks and come up with amongst others your home router which you'll recognise. Click on it and it will ask you for the "password" associated with your router (usually printed on the router). All being well, you're connected and it will automatically log on at home whenever you start the iPad Mini.
As for outdoors, unless your iPad has an in built sim card, you'd be reliant on picking up an unsecured wireless network nearby which has it's security risks. If it has a sim, you can connect to the internet in the same way as your mobile phone. To safely fly the Mavic you need not be connected to the internet unless you're desperate to use an alternative map application. It is worth checking for any up-dates before leaving home.
Depending on your mobile phone, you may be able to link the iPad through a Personal Hotspot setting on the phone. iPhones certainly allow you to do this. Hope this helps.

Reactions: FL1H1
I use a free app run by the National Air Traffic Service, it's called 'NATS Drone Assist'. It's really good at defining the no-go areas, the sensitive areas and by zooming in you'll see Power Lines, Prisons, Schools etc etc. Definitely worth downloading.

Reactions: FL1H1
Click "Settings" on the Home Screen, click "Wi-Fi" (below Airplane Mode, left hand column) it will then search available networks and come up with amongst others your home router which you'll recognise. Click on it and it will ask you for the "password" associated with your router (usually printed on the router). All being well, you're connected and it will automatically log on at home whenever you start the iPad Mini.
As for outdoors, unless your iPad has an in built sim card, you'd be reliant on picking up an unsecured wireless network nearby which has it's security risks. If it has a sim, you can connect to the internet in the same way as your mobile phone. To safely fly the Mavic you need not be connected to the internet unless you're desperate to use an alternative map application. It is worth checking for any up-dates before leaving home.
Depending on your mobile phone, you may be able to link the iPad through a Personal Hotspot setting on the phone. iPhones certainly allow you to do this. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. One of those stupid things where when I went back to it, I just saw it and found it fairly simple to sort out. It has a sim card, so it's set to WiFi at home, and just need to remember to switch to mobile data when out as I keep that off whilst at home.

I use a free app run by the National Air Traffic Service, it's called 'NATS Drone Assist'. It's really good at defining the no-go areas, the sensitive areas and by zooming in you'll see Power Lines, Prisons, Schools etc etc. Definitely worth downloading.
Brilliant, thanks, I'll do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman