DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini RC battery drains in 30 minutes

Do you have a phone you can use in place of the iPad ? If so see if it has the same issue.
try this. use your phone see if that fixes the issue. if that doesn't work I would start a repair ticket with DJI, I don't think that their is a way to re-do firmware, might be able to revert and then re-download the new stuff but im not even sure if that's possible. I keep suggesting software/firmware because I have seen this issue multiple times and its mostley came down to the software and the device being used as the display. however it could be a hardware issue you never know, but majority have been software/ firmware/ redownloading the apps. ect.

Respectfully

Thanks for your suggestions. If you view the video I posted of the test I did, you will see that the RC drains, or appears to, as soon as it is paired with my MM. there are no other devices involved.

While the RC is powered on and connected/paired to the MM, the RC reports the battery is draining. However, the RC battery test shows the battery is actually 75%, and when connected to the charger it charges to 100% quickly.

I may try to drain the RC battery completely, and then recharge it to see what happens.

Reactions: KimiTs
Thanks for your suggestions. If you view the video I posted of the test I did, you will see that the RC drains, or appears to, as soon as it is paired with my MM. there are no other devices involved.

While the RC is powered on and connected/paired to the MM, the RC reports the battery is draining. However, the RC battery test shows the battery is actually 75%, and when connected to the charger it charges to 100% quickly.

I may try to drain the RC battery completely, and then recharge it to see what happens.
that's worth a try. I will have to wait till im on a different computer. I am at work and do not have access to YT.

I had time to fly today and after completely draining the RC battery and fully recharging it I am no longer seeing the quick RC battery drain. I did a 20 minute flight today and the RC battery was still at 4 LEDs. I didn’t notice any unusual drain. Seems like it is back to normal.

Reactions: Capt KO
I had time to fly today and after completely draining the RC battery and fully recharging it I am no longer seeing the quick RC battery drain. I did a 20 minute flight today and the RC battery was still at 4 LEDs. I didn’t notice any unusual drain. Seems like it is back to normal.
Thanks for the come back of the results. I'm sure it will help someone else in the future.?

I was able to completely drain and recharge the RC. I’ll report back when I have a chance to get some more flight time.

Exactly the same problem like you.I emptied the controller and recharged and it worked normally

After more than a month and many flights the RC battery drain issue has returned. It lasted a long time after the full battery drain and recharge. Today I did a short flight and after I was transfering the video to my iPad, and the RC started beeping and was about to shutdown. The RC battery tests still shows 3 solid LEDs. But it drops to 1 in a few minutes. Went I first hit this issue last February, it was also while transferring photos and video. Something with the WiFi connection between the RC and the AC is causing the RC to think the battery is drained, but the battery test shows otherwise. There is some kind of bug in the RC firmware.

Reactions: KimiTs
I’d contact DJI and ask them. If you post on a DJI forum their customer support will probably read it.
While I don’t have a mini I would imagine the design is similar To my Mavic two in terms of the battery.
+1
Now that you have a video and description (combine all of your replies from here), open a support ticket with DJI. With that kind of information it will be easier for DJI to help out, maybe get you a rush replacement if not a few things to try. Doesn't sound like anyone here has experience.

After more than a month and many flights the RC battery drain issue has returned. It lasted a long time after the full battery drain and recharge. Today I did a short flight and after I was transfering the video to my iPad, and the RC started beeping and was about to shutdown. The RC battery tests still shows 3 solid LEDs. But it drops to 1 in a few minutes. Went I first hit this issue last February, it was also while transferring photos and video. Something with the WiFi connection between the RC and the AC is causing the RC to think the battery is drained, but the battery test shows otherwise. There is some kind of bug in the RC firmware.
Not necessarily. If by battery test you mean pressing the power button once with the RC otherwise off, that puts almost no load on the battery.
When you power on the RC, that puts a heavier drain on the battery. If the battery internal resistance has gotten high, there will be a significant voltage difference with no load versus full load.

Not necessarily. If by battery test you mean pressing the power button once with the RC otherwise off, that puts almost no load on the battery.
When you power on the RC, that puts a heavier drain on the battery. If the battery internal resistance has gotten high, there will be a significant voltage difference with no load versus full load.

The battery test when powered off and the battery level shown when the RC is first powered on agree. It’s just that when powered on it drops quickly from 3 LEDs to 1 and the alarm starts beeping. Turning the RC off/on repeats the same results, starts at 3 and drops to 1 quickly. If the battery was actually drained it would not go back to 3 LEDs and I repeat myself.. this strange behavior returned to normal for more than a month after completely draining the RC and fully recharging.

The video in post #13 above shows the strange behavior where it drops from 3 LEDs at 1 in about 3 minutes. It’s not load on the battery causing it to drain. It’s false reporting of the battery status. I believe it’s an RC firmware bug.

Last edited:
Is there any news about this problem i still can't solve it i have the same problem as you?

After only a few flights i am very disappointed :(

Yes when first connected to the charger the initial test shows 3 solid LEDs and the 4th blinking, when it starts charging it shows fast charging, all 4 LEDs blink, scrolling 1 to 4 as normal. Once the charge is complete all 4 LEDs are solid.

It all seems normal until flying, when it quickly drops from 4 to 1 and starts beeping.
I have the same issues with my mavic mini RC which i bought in december 2019. I use andriod phone . did you find any soultions ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03