DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini RC battery drains in 30 minutes

The RC battery drain was happening without any phone or tablet device connected, just pairing the RC and the MM would cause the RC battery to drain quickly, as demonstrated in the YT video I posted above.

In my case I was able to recover from the issue by totally draining the RC battery until it would no longer power on, then recharging using the smart charging port from the MM battery charging hub. I had to repeat this process a couple times and now my RC fully recharges and no longer indicates any unusually fast draining. The early symptoms of the RC battery drain issue was that the RC would stop recharging at about 75%, showing only three LEDs when the battery test was done or when the RC was powered on.

It’s possible that the new 1.0.5 RC firmware fixed the cause of the drain issue, but time will tell. I can say that in my case I no longer see the issue.

I believe this was a firmware bug, which was incorrectly reporting the battery charge level, like a bad fuel gauge.
Completely draining and recharging the RC seems to recalibrate the RC smart charging firmware.
Having exactly same issue. Battery fully charged, then after 15-20min of using it drains to 1light, but after restarting it shows 3 lights and quickly going to 1 again.
But still draining RC battery and charging it via battery hub do not help.
Other case, how did you fully drain RC battery? I couldn't make it empty this much, it always turns on, starts bipping few seconds and then turns off. I'm hopeless. Any help?

Lucky DJI are fixing 4his what a horrible issue to have on a new release. Was. It enough of an upgrade for me to jump from mini 1 to 2 though...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki