DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini RC battery drains in 30 minutes

Hi,
Just thought I would mention the R.C. for the Mini was just updated to 01.00.0500 this week have you tried updating your RC again since. The Controller does do that flashing with the led's when it needs updating or there is a problem with it.

Anyone found any solutions ? please let me know also
Hi,
Just thought I would mention the R.C. for the Mini was just updated to 01.00.0500 this week have you tried updating your RC again since. The Controller does do that flashing with the led's when it needs updating or there is a problem with it.
Yeah I am using the latest version 01.00.0500

Yeah I am using the latest version 01.00.0500 , I am using oppo A71 android phone, 2 months did not have any issues. I remember these issues came after updating the 01.00.0400 firmware using DJI assistant.
It will dry out the battery of RC very soon like 15 mins. and turns off its self. but if turn ON again . it shows battery still there like shows 3 LED's . wihout phone standby time is longer like 2 hours .

If you have android phone, and have root access on phone, install Battery Charge Limit from Playstore, and before connecting RC to phone, just disable charging on phone with this app.

This is my settings. After flying, just turn it off again, so you can charge your phone when you need to do that.

And, after settings, just add widget to your home screen to quickly turn off or on battery charge limit service.
abcf718c9fbc5467cabe34ebe0bfa324.jpg

Okay thanks. Ill try to do that and see what will happen.
It turned on my RC now with no mobile connected it lasts more than 3 hrs until it get drained. But if i connect mobile only 30 minutes. ??

Yes, by default, controller will charge (android) phone, this prevent charging.

I see on one clip, that on same app (Fly) when you use it for Mavic Air 2, you have option in app to turn off charging from controller. Dont know why that is not present on same app when you use it with Mini...

I think that, RC will charge phone anyway, no matter what you choose: "file transfer", "MTP" or something else...

Not sure if this is Android OS specific or Android model specific. I'm using a Samsung S9+, and I can easily get 3+ hours of flight time using the phone and controller together. I do usually start with a fully charged phone, but not always. IIRC, I do see the charging icon on my phone lit up when connected to the RC, but for whatever reason I still get 3+ hours of use. Not sure why, but certainly not complaining!

I'm monutoring this thread, as I've only had a few flights with my Mini and the battery on the controller has drained very quickly....too quicky, if I were to make a call. I'll report back later.

RoOSTA

The RC battery drain was happening without any phone or tablet device connected, just pairing the RC and the MM would cause the RC battery to drain quickly, as demonstrated in the YT video I posted above.

In my case I was able to recover from the issue by totally draining the RC battery until it would no longer power on, then recharging using the smart charging port from the MM battery charging hub. I had to repeat this process a couple times and now my RC fully recharges and no longer indicates any unusually fast draining. The early symptoms of the RC battery drain issue was that the RC would stop recharging at about 75%, showing only three LEDs when the battery test was done or when the RC was powered on.

It’s possible that the new 1.0.5 RC firmware fixed the cause of the drain issue, but time will tell. I can say that in my case I no longer see the issue.

I believe this was a firmware bug, which was incorrectly reporting the battery charge level, like a bad fuel gauge.
Completely draining and recharging the RC seems to recalibrate the RC smart charging firmware.

Reactions: Nonprophet
I was very surprised when I read this from the Manual "The built-in battery has a capacity of 2600 mAh and a maximum run time of 4.5 hours when using an iOS device and 1 hour and 40 minutes when using an Android device."
Huge difference. It is explained in next sentence "The remote controller charges the Android device" but still it was a surprise.

This 1 hour and 40 minutes is roughly summarized time for three batteries in Mavic Mini. Did anyone tried this scenarios? You are on some interesting location and you use all three batteries in Mavic Mini, is remote stil in operational state at the end? Or you need to land a bit early during that last flight?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis