DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE coming Monday... do we need a seperate forum??

abruzzopat

Reactions
I just ordered the Mini SE and it will be my 4th DJI drone... looking forward to exploring its' capabilities and compromises relative to the more expensive drones!

Wondering if separate forums for each model is the best plan.

Maybe just a forum for all Minis, one for all Pros, etc? What do you guys and gals think?

Maybe member feedback would be considered by the site

Its the outer shell of a mini 2 with the insides of a mini 1... For a first-timer it's fine and a good starter drone but I would be looking to graduate to a 2S or mavic 3 from my mini 2 and not going backward in capabilities. Just my 2 cents. It belongs with all the mini's IMHO.

It's a Mavic, so I'm sure it'll be here along with it's siblings on the Mavic Forum in it's own tab.

We're one big happy family of Mavics but different branches on the tree. :)

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Its the outer shell of a mini 2 with the insides of a mini 1... For a first-timer it's fine and a good starter drone but I would be looking to graduate to a 2S or mavic 3 from my mini 2 and not going backward in capabilities. Just my 2 cents. It belongs with all the mini's IMHO.
Agree. I already have a 2S, but I do a lot of backpacking, and would love to save some weight. Depending on whether the video/stills are acceptable, the Mini SE might be an option. At $300 I'm willing to find out.

I just ordered the Mini SE and it will be my 4th DJI drone... looking forward to exploring its' capabilities and compromises relative to the more expensive drones!

Maybe just a forum for all Minis, one for all Pros, etc? What do you guys and gals think?

I do not agree to separate forums. I really enjoy seeing videos and shots , and stories about all of the choices since I am always assessing my next drone to be.

Dale

For what it's worth I think having its own little subdivision makes the most sense like we have now. If you're looking for ideas or solutions to your particular drone it's easiest this way. And the search function doesn't always provide answers because maybe you don't know how to ask the questions or the post you really need isn't titled in a way the algorithm recognizes it but if you're limiting your search to just the SE tab you're more likely to find it. PThere's nothing to stop you from looking in the other categories that are on here and the morning email shows everything new posted on the overall Mavic forum and doesn't seperate things out so you would still see pics, vids and such from across the forum but I think that especially with it being the bastard son of the Mavic Mini and the Mini2 it's going to have its own unique problems or characteristics. Things not seen in either of the parent drones.
Just my 2 pence and your opinion may vary.

That's fine if you want to be out on your own. I personally enjoy reading what other have to say about different drones, pro & cons, ups and downs, the does and don't. It helps steer people in the right direction when deciding what drone suits their needs, requirements and so forth.
Having a separate forum isn't healthy for the droning community. This would create toing and froing and I personally would not entertain this idea but that's just me.

Reactions: Mtnguy
Very off topic, but no it's not and won't until DJI release SDK support for it, if they ever do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22