DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini se height limitations

mini se

Reactions
Hi I have a question about the max heighth with the dji mini se . I know the drone can go 120m and 500m if you agree that dji will not have anything to do with it. But will it cancel my dji care refresh if I do go past 120m? Because I have bought 2 year care refresh.

Thanks.

I dont know of anything that can you do to cancel your Care Refresh just keep in mind that you need the drone to send back to them .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water

But will it cancel my dji care refresh if I do go past 120m? Because I have bought 2 year care refresh.
No it won't affect your cover.
The height shown on your screen is the height relative to the ground and DJI understands that the earth isn't flat.
It's very common to fly over land that's higher than where you launched from.

Why would you want to go above max permitted altitude anyway. Very irresponsible but read the DJI pop up warning when you go to alter the max altitude in your settings. Looks like a good excuse for DJI not to honour any warranty or care refresh policy should you encounter any issues whilst flying outside the UKs legal parameters.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-06-08-04-09-287_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-08-04-09-287_dji.go.v5.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 13
Why would you want to go above max permitted altitude anyway. Very irresponsible
Because the earth isn't pancake flat.
Irresponsible ? How can you tell that?

Looks like a good excuse for DJI not to honour any warranty or care refresh policy should you encounter any issues whilst flying outside the UKs legal parameters.
The warning has nothing to do with DJI's warranty.

Why would you want to go above max permitted altitude anyway.
The ceiling you reference is relative the the take off point.
The rules, in the UK, relate to the distance to the closest ground the two ceilings are different.
For the purposes of this post imagine a hill whose top is 1240ft above the take off point, it is perfectly legal to fly up the slope of that hill to 400ft above the hill's top PROVIDING the ground is always within 400ft of the drone.
What would be illegal would be for the drone to climb vertically to 1640ft and then fly horizontally to over the hill's top. Just as it would be illegal to fly horizontally from above the hill's top to above the take off point and then descend vertically.
The drone could go no higher because of the 500m ceiling in the firmware and no higher legally because ti would be breaking the 400ft rule.

Why would you want to go above max permitted altitude anyway. Very irresponsible but read the DJI pop up warning when you go to alter the max altitude in your settings. Looks like a good excuse for DJI not to honour any warranty or care refresh policy should you encounter any issues whilst flying outside the UKs legal parameters.
I go above "max permitted altitude" often when launching next to a cliff in order not to fly into it but rather over it. You welcome to be 'responsible' and fly into the cliff, Explaining my stupidity to myself would be worse than explaining it to DJI :) We don't all fly on rugby fields.
And when I launch from the edge of an escarpment my DJI readout recons 5m while the real altitude above ground is often 300m+.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada