DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini to Remote Pairing Problem.

Ifrit1984

Reactions
I just returned from vacation where I was videoing a wedding for a friend using my Mini.

I experienced a really problematic situation whereby my Mini refused to pair with the remote control.

I tried the pairing procedure multiple times, restarted everything and nothing.

I then quickly searched this forum and found one person had the same issue, resolving it by removing the SD card. Sure enough It then paired until I put the card back in and lost it again.

I then formatted the card after saving all my previous videos and it paired ok.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I was lucky that I resolved this issue just before the wedding started but could have really left me grounded.

I can't understand why the Micro SD (SanDisk 128 GB) would cause such a pairing issue.

Reactions: Mr Marv
May have been the wrong format - may have been a bad connection within the drone - could be a variety of issues causing it.

Was the Micro SD the one that came with the Mini.

More details ??

I just returned from vacation where I was videoing a wedding for a friend using my Mini.

I experienced a really problematic situation whereby my Mini refused to pair with the remote control.

I then quickly searched this forum and found one person had the same issue, resolving it by removing the SD card. Sure enough It then paired until I put the card back in and lost it again.

I was lucky that I resolved this issue just before the wedding started but could have really left me grounded.

I can't understand why the Micro SD (SanDisk 128 GB) would cause such a pairing issue.
HEY .. I had the same problem a few hours ago at the beach .. nice sunset and beach views in the evening .... Said I had to do the pairing thing. Of course it didn't work! Changed the connection lead, changed ipad mini for iphone, reboots, scratching head frustrated .. FINALLY discovered it was the micro SD card. Wouldn't even 'format' for me. Could not establish connection with card IN. . Then I realised eventually .. leave card out .. MM didn't need pairing and despite warning on screen "no SD card" it flew behaved normally. Great huh? Got home inserted another SD card (same type SAndisk 128GB) everything ok again for starting/flying. Will reformat on PC the suss non performing card & try it again tomorrow...... Cheers Merv F Perth, Australia. PS: At least I wasn't at a wedding! :)

Reactions: ff22

I experiment the same issue and removing some files from the SD card fixed the issue.

Let me explain what exactly was the issue. I didn't need to format the card.

I had previously took multiple pictures to do a 360 picture. The stiched 360 picture was then save to the SD card. It seem that the drone try to read the files before pairing with the remote and if it find files he can't read it kind of hang there until the card is removed.

To fix the issue I only had to removed the 360 picture from the SD card and all was working again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS