DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini vs 2 Pro Video Comparison

A short video comparing the Mavic Mini video quality against that of the Mavic 2 Pro. Just a comparison, not a competition, for those considering buying the Mavic Mini.

https://youtu.be/1GMzSZzBXNE

What are those houses in the water ?
As far as the video goes 1080 rendered on youtube does not qualify to judge as they both looked bad .
better to render out at 2K

Reactions: Paulf10
Good comparison. Roofs of the buildings in the water at the end seem more vibrant, but maybe this is related to shooting and post processing.
The MM does an excellent job though.

Reactions: Scrinch
As one of comments below the video it is clear that method used to compare quality was incorrect. Recording in highest possible resolution (2.7K for MM and 4K for MP2) and then down-scaling (both to eg. to 1080p) should be done.

Reactions: Scrinch
What are those houses in the water ?
As far as the video goes 1080 rendered on youtube does not qualify to judge as they both looked bad .
better to render out at 2K
Yes, that’s the problem with posting anything on YouTube...all video loses some quality. The houses on the water are actually on stilts. I believe they are cottages rented during the better months. I see them a lot on the reservoir lakes in the area.

As one of comments below the video it is clear that method used to compare quality was incorrect. Recording in highest possible resolution (2.7K for MM and 4K for MP2) and then down-scaling (both to eg. to 1080p) should be done.
The recording is not incorrect. As stated in my accompanying text and narration, the videos are to show the basic capability of the Mini, which is very good, even when compared to the much more robust features of the M2P. I actually was just out having fun flying without intent of doing a comparison. Afterwards I thought the Mini footage looked so good without adjustments that I figured I’d do a side by side with the M2P.

Your test is true only for low res imaging. Throwing away the 4K image quality and comparing them at 1920 is valid only for 1920 and less viewing.

Your test is true only for low res imaging. Throwing away the 4K image quality and comparing them at 1920 is valid only for 1920 and less viewing.

As I clearly stated in the narration and in the text, this was not a comparison as to which is better, I even stated the 2 Pro was in a completely different category. The intent was to show the good quality of the Mavic Mini at a really good price point. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman