DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini wont rth , just lands

BERNIEdoc

Reactions
Hi all , I knew it wouldn't be long before I was botherin you all , so , when I fly my mini , at take off I am informed home poitnt has been updated , please check on map , it appears to be fine on the map , however when I hold the rth button down the drone decides it is just going to land directly below its current location .
Am I missing something obvious ? I do hover for 20ish seconds after taking off.

sorry if I have missed the answer in previous posts.
chers
Bernie.

How far is the aircraft from the home point when this happens?
Well Sar104 , as you know im a complete novice so I am only in my back yard maybe 200ftup and approx. 400 feet away , due to lockdown its m limited space to fly in .luckily my neighbours are understanding

Well Sar104 , as you know im a complete novice so I am only in my back yard maybe 200ftup and approx. 400 feet away , due to lockdown its m limited space to fly in .luckily my neighbours are understanding

Probably easiest if you just post the txt flight log.

hopefully this is what you requested buddy , I hope im not gonna be making a fool of myself & sorry for the delay , I have parkinsons and struggle with my nimble fingers at times
cheers
Bernie.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-11_[14-52-18].txt
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
hopefully this is what you requested buddy , I hope im not gonna be making a fool of myself & sorry for the delay , I have parkinsons and struggle with my nimble fingers at times
cheers
Bernie.

On that flight you were much too close to the home point, and so RTH defaulted to autoland.

Graph0.png

Reactions: Thomas B
I am such a novice, like yourself, that I have maybe 20 flights under my belt on my Mavic Air. I have a horse pasture, and was panicked to see it trying to land multiple times one day WAY OUT in the pasture. It turns out, the top left icon on the screen is the LAND icon, and the second one down is the RTH icon. Oops!! That explained it. Remarkable how I’ve fixed that now by just using the button on the controller.

Yes. And also be sure to know when it starts doing something unexpected just press the Pause button on the remote...

Within 60ft of HP, it will land. Other models at a different distance, it will return, but at current altitude no matter how low.

Download and fully read the user manual. There are a lot of little things like this one needs to know.

Note that latest app version now lets you set the fail safe action. Interesting that it didn't require a firmware update to go with it.

Reactions: Gindra
Yes. And also be sure to know when it starts doing something unexpected just press the Pause button on the remote...
Mini doesn't have pause button on remote, only RTH button.
App has cancel button when running an intelligent flight mode though. You can also trigger then cancel RTH in place of pause if app not working.

Reactions: BERNIEdoc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vishal@12