DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini3 APAS limitation shocker

That is what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

So I think my understanding that OA (APAS) is disabled either when Intelligent flight modes are used OR when recording at higher fps rates is correct.
where does rwilliams imply higher fps rates cause a problem? DJI's manual says, "
APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight Modes. It will be enabled automatically once the aircraft
exits Intelligent Flight Modes. APAS is disabled when recording at a high resolution such as 1080p
120 fps, 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, or 4K 48/50/60 fps." and that is a bit unclear. The third sentence could be read as being only when in intelligent flight modes or at any time so I'm going to have to test this myself to be 100% sure. So I got up from my chair to go outside and run a quick test. Of course it is snowing. Sigh.

where does rwilliams imply higher fps rates cause a problem? DJI's manual says, "
APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight Modes. It will be enabled automatically once the aircraft
exits Intelligent Flight Modes. APAS is disabled when recording at a high resolution such as 1080p
120 fps, 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, or 4K 48/50/60 fps." and that is a bit unclear. The third sentence could be read as being only when in intelligent flight modes or at any time so I'm going to have to test this myself to be 100% sure.

I read it as an either/or thing - if either of those conditions are true, APAS is disabled. It seems clear to me, but I can see how it could be interpreted differently.

I will be interested to hear the results of your testing.

If you check out this video from 13:14 to 15:34 it's a pretty clear explanation. APAS does in fact NOT work at 60fps but the drone WILL stop and not run into something, at least when flying at some kind of reasonable speed. I didn't "get" this previously and am just lucky as I fly at 4K 60 virtually all the time.

Reactions: PAW
If you check out this video from 13:14 to 15:34 it's a pretty clear explanation. APAS does in fact NOT work at 60fps but the drone WILL stop and not run into something, at least when flying at some kind of reasonable speed. I didn't "get" this previously and am just lucky as I fly at 4K 60 virtually all the time.

Thanks for posting this! That must be one of the few Mini 3 Pro videos I haven't watched yet, but it did show it very clearly. It kind of makes sense as the "bypass" mode of APAS is processor intensive (figuring out an alternate path) which is why it doesn't work in the higher frame rates (which are also processor intensive). Stopping doesn't take much processing power I guess.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent