DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miracle Blades for Mavic (Platinum)

I don't see that DJI would claim that the ESCs are different. They would be sued by people who paid more for something that they were promised and did not get.

The ESC are hardware.

Same should apply to the camera not being different for people buying just the pro?

What I'd love to see is one of the major battery manufacturers come out with a some sort of super capacity quick charging lipo pack, 60+ minutes flight time, and maybe less than 30 minute charge time, less fire potential, and more charge cycles.

Of course when they do, they'll be on sale for the low price of $199.99 per pack :eek:

Good for you for getting a sale price, but it isn't MSRP if we're going to compare apples to apples.
When I shop I tend to look for the lowest price from authorized seller - Surprised that everyone would not choose to save $100 or more when readily available (Amazon). In my case -- 1 week old MP flymore (Apple) would cost a bit over $200 to replace for the MPPlat flymore (Apple).

In terms of the updated MP ---Was really hoping they would make some meaningful changes.. Any cost increase for what I have seen spec wise for the Platinum is silly IMO. 1 year old drone I find it hard to believe they have not achieved any economies of scale. I would say this is proof positive there is no competition at this price point/spec's else a price increase for a year old model would not fly - literally.

The noise of the Mavic really needed an update. ;)
My DIY quad is making half the noise of my MP Thumbswayup

I put my name in for an order when available. Might hold off installing them after knowing how well they perform and if there are any glitches as can often happen with new technology. I don't find my MP props that objectionable anyway and consider them a benefit when locating where my bird is flying. Stealth flyers might find the new more silent props worth it to install.

It's not the same price ($100/£100 more), isn't out for another month and from what I have seen will keep pretty close to the rrp price for a few months yet.

I just purchased a new one myself (less than a week) but got a fly more combo for the price of the standard unit (£1109) in the uk so will keep it.

Before you go and buy the new blades, check out this short video that very clearly lets you see and hear what a -4db sound is really like using a real world sound we are all very familiar with, traffic.
Most people would probably not be particularly cognizant of a -4db noise reduction

Disagree, sine-wave controllers are still PWM, so no hardware change required.

4dB noise improvement is not actually much. It corresponds to noise reduction with 1.6 times range increase. Will you feel the difference if you stay away 10 m (y) compared to 16 meters (yards)? On the other hand new blades look cool.
4dB is a tremendous improvement. 3dB is 50% reduction 4dB is 60% reduction in noise you dont think that is an improvement??

4dB is a tremendous improvement. 3dB is 50% reduction 4dB is 60% reduction in noise you dont think that is an improvement??
I disagree with that. Changing the waveform requires a change in how it's handled. That's on a HW level usually unless there is a redundant power controller in there that can easily deal with different waveforms. That's not common though.
Agree, you need a hardware change. You can not go from squarewave PWM signal to sinewave by just changing the pulse width. The statement is totally incorrect. You are right, you need a hardware change.

Platinum isn't on the uk amazon store yet. Heliguy has the flymore platinum for £1459. I got my pro for almost £400 cheaper which makes it a way better deal for me!

For me is enough the noise reduction, plus the cool effect of having a cheap upgrade for my Mavic, maybe the ESCs are just reprogrammed as well.

As time goes by and competition increases, DJI will continue to make some minor changes to maintain market share and value for the Mavic. That's not a brainier. I would like to try the new props for noise reduction only, that will make many people happy in my area, it may affect performance but I doubt it. I don't care for anything else.

If they follow the trend of other electronic manufacturers, a new coat of paint can easily justify a price increase without any other changes!
iPhone in jet black costs more than other colours.
Fitbit in space grey costs more than plain silver.
It's something meant to be more exclusive, you pay more.

If you're flying your standard black mavic at the beach and someone pitches up with their shiny platinum one, are the crowds of trendsetting young adults going to stare at you or the newcomer?

Pay the extra $100, make a statement!

Reactions: jkantiques

So what methods have you found yourself? Any worth trying?

And they also have the Mavic Pro for $100 off, so the Platinum is still $100 more expensive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman